+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: House Rules on TBS

I'm so glad Joey and Rebecca didn't win, they are really getting on my nerves. I was glad Cindy and Bill won but I really think Katie and Adams yard looked better with the retaining wall. I do think it was wrong of the judges to tell Joey and Rebecca they knew they could do better. They may be better at one thing than another, who are they to say? They need to judge each project on an individual basis.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    I'm so glad Joey and Rebecca didn't win, they are really getting on my nerves. I was glad Cindy and Bill won but I really think Katie and Adams yard looked better with the retaining wall. I do think it was wrong of the judges to tell Joey and Rebecca they knew they could do better. They may be better at one thing than another, who are they to say? They need to judge each project on an individual basis.
    I completely agree with you karna and Wenders. I really like what Rebecca and Joey do with each project, even though I am not a fan of their personalities. I loved how they called the judges out in their confessional. I was a little surprised that they came in 2nd though, simply because they didn't finish some of the things they did.

I think the judges may be playing favorites, because as much as I dislike Katie and Adam, I thought they did a wonderful job with their yard. I really liked their atrium as well. I almost found myself tearing up when Katie was in the car crying because I felt bad for them. They keep improving each week and I am sure that they will win a room soon!

I was rooting for Cindy and Bill the whole episode (I do that EVERY episode). They had a great plan, were able to work within their budget and had a great secret weapon. Cindy not going out for the day was the best decision. They were able to stay focused, get a lot done and make the other couples quite nervous. Plus, that night at dinner, Cindy was wearing a Red Sox shirt and that made me love them even more!

Living rooms next week and more drama with the couples. This show is lots of fun!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Regular
    I love this show. Missed last Friday's episode though. I like Bill and Cindy myself.... dont' know why just do.. so there

So, living rooms tomorrow, y'all. I'm excited! And yes, I DO stay home and watch reality TV on friday nights.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    So, living rooms tomorrow, y'all. I'm excited! And yes, I DO stay home and watch reality TV on friday nights.
    I'm excited too Wenders! This show is a nice way to end a real long week!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

11/7 episode

Hmm, so who watched tonight?

Bill and Cindy won again, Joey and Rebecca second, and poor Adam and Katie last again.

The problem with Adam and Katie's room was the floor. (Well, amongst other problems.) What I'm wondering is why did they rip the carpet up?? They knew they couldn't afford wood floors, and the lady at Lowe's told them their concrete experiment would look like crap, so IMO they should've left it as is. But that's just my 2 cents.

On to Joey and Rebecca, they feel they are being judged differently than the other couples. Since we obviously don't know everything that's going on (yay reality tv editing), I don't think we can say this is true or false. But Adam and Katie alluded to it, so maybe they ARE being held to a different standard. The judges were more harsh this week. Looks like the contestants are going to vent about it next week!

I'm upset that this show doesn't show most of the actual work. I had no idea Bill and Cindy had redone their ceiling like that until the judging. And it looked cool! Maybe the show should be 2 hours, or only half of a room per week or something.

And I love Joey's random quotes by the way. He quoted Kid Rock for goodness sake! And what did Rebecca say? Something to the effect of, "The prize is really great this week. We all know Joey is a big tool guy." No comment on that one.....

So, Bill and Cindy got a load of tools, Joey and Rebecca are getting "screwed" by the judges, and I just hope Adam and Katie don't give up!!

Next week is kitchens, and looks like lots of demo! Should be exciting.

Is anyone else into this show?? I wanna hear your opinions!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Hmm, so who watched tonight?

Bill and Cindy won again, Joey and Rebecca second, and poor Adam and Katie last again.

The problem with Adam and Katie's room was the floor. (Well, amongst other problems.) What I'm wondering is why did they rip the carpet up?? They knew they couldn't afford wood floors, and the lady at Lowe's told them their concrete experiment would look like crap, so IMO they should've left it as is. But that's just my 2 cents.

On to Joey and Rebecca, they feel they are being judged differently than the other couples. Since we obviously don't know everything that's going on (yay reality tv editing), I don't think we can say this is true or false. But Adam and Katie alluded to it, so maybe they ARE being held to a different standard. The judges were more harsh this week. Looks like the contestants are going to vent about it next week!

I'm upset that this show doesn't show most of the actual work. I had no idea Bill and Cindy had redone their ceiling like that until the judging. And it looked cool! Maybe the show should be 2 hours, or only half of a room per week or something.

And I love Joey's random quotes by the way. He quoted Kid Rock for goodness sake! And what did Rebecca say? Something to the effect of, "The prize is really great this week. We all know Joey is a big tool guy." No comment on that one.....

So, Bill and Cindy got a load of tools, Joey and Rebecca are getting "screwed" by the judges, and I just hope Adam and Katie don't give up!!

Next week is kitchens, and looks like lots of demo! Should be exciting.

Is anyone else into this show?? I wanna hear your opinions!!

I always seem to miss the beginning of the show and have no idea who has how much money. I thought the judges were a little harsh on Joey and Rebecca. But Cindy and Bill deserved to win. Their living room was amazing. Adam and Katie realize they are in way over their heads, but seem to be handling it fairly well. I wonder who America will vote for in the end. Does anyone know when this does end?
    Member of the Optimistic Pessimist Club

Quote Originally Posted by bookaddict
    I always seem to miss the beginning of the show and have no idea who has how much money. I thought the judges were a little harsh on Joey and Rebecca. But Cindy and Bill deserved to win. Their living room was amazing. Adam and Katie realize they are in way over their heads, but seem to be handling it fairly well. I wonder who America will vote for in the end. Does anyone know when this does end?

Hmm, I don't remember the budgets exactly. I think 3rd place was 2800, I think they were all under 4000.

The show is 13 weeks long. I think we've had 4 weeks now, so we've got a ways to go!

Hi all! Good show again last week. I definitely thought Bill and Cindy deserved to win. I agree that Adam and Katie should have just left the carpet, I don't know what it looked like but I'm sure if they just cleaned it it would have been fine. They could have bought a steam cleaner for $100. I remember the next show Mark saying they are half way through, so that would only mean 4 more weeks right? I mean they're running out of projects, lol!

I only catch this show in reruns. When is it on?

What does everyone think of the judges? The designer is just weird IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread