+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 165

Thread: House Rules on TBS

  1. #21
    Play ball!! melpepinla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In the bleachah seats
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    I thought the two male judges were a bit too critical of them. like the comment "it really doesn't grab me." hey chucklehead, why don't you get your wife and show us what you can do in that short of time.
    I agree joeguy! Especially the realtor judge...much too critical. At least the contractor was admitting that the couples all made a solid effort. The designer seemed a bit flakey, don't you think?
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

  2. #22
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,726
    Hey count me in! Love this show, it's Trading Spaces and Hometime rolled into one! Not sure who I like yet. I liked the Fernandez's bathroom but not the layout, I thought the other couples had better layouts for theirs.

  3. #23
    Mikey's biggest fan Wenders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,459
    It's Master Bedroom time tonight! I'm thinking maybe the decorating aspect will be more important this week.

    Does Lowe's have decorating stuff? Bed linens, rugs, curtains, that kind of stuff? I was wondering last week if they had matching towels in the bathroom. We don't have a Lowe's, so I didn't know if they carried that kind of stuff.

    Also, I hope they use more of their budgets this week!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

    But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

  4. #24
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    It's Master Bedroom time tonight! I'm thinking maybe the decorating aspect will be more important this week.

    Does Lowe's have decorating stuff? Bed linens, rugs, curtains, that kind of stuff? I was wondering last week if they had matching towels in the bathroom. We don't have a Lowe's, so I didn't know if they carried that kind of stuff.

    Also, I hope they use more of their budgets this week!
    I was wondering that too, they have rugs and blinds that I know of but no bedding or anything like that, and what about the furniture? They don't have to use the stuff they got from the game do they?

  5. #25
    Adelitas Way 7.14.09 libra1022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    I was wondering that too, they have rugs and blinds that I know of but no bedding or anything like that, and what about the furniture? They don't have to use the stuff they got from the game do they?
    I know they mentioned easily that Ashley furniture donated the stuff they won in that game before the master baths...maybe they are donating stuff for the furniture part of the master bedroom as well? Just a thought on the furniture atleast....seems like they'd have to find yet another sponsor to plug for the linens and bedding tho (unless that's one heck of a different Lowe's out there).

  6. #26
    Play ball!! melpepinla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In the bleachah seats
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I know they mentioned easily that Ashley furniture donated the stuff they won in that game before the master baths...maybe they are donating stuff for the furniture part of the master bedroom as well? Just a thought on the furniture atleast....seems like they'd have to find yet another sponsor to plug for the linens and bedding tho (unless that's one heck of a different Lowe's out there).
    Lowe's has furniture, but not stuff for a master bedroom. They have desks, tv/media furniture, coffee tables and other wood stuff like that. My man and I bought a coffee table and two side tables at Lowes and stained them when we moved in with each other a while back. I don't think they have to use the furniture they got last week...it may not fit into their whole design-style for the room. I think that stuff was just so they could have some kind of furniture while doing the rooms.

    As far as the decorating aspect with towels, bedding linens, I am not sure what they are going to do, because Lowes doesn't have that stuff (I can't believe that thought didn't dawn on me until some of you mentioned it, DUH mel!) I am sure that they will mention a sponsor during the show tonight, I mean...they LOVE mentioning their sponsors!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

  7. #27
    Mikey's biggest fan Wenders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    I don't think they have to use the furniture they got last week...it may not fit into their whole design-style for the room. I think that stuff was just so they could have some kind of furniture while doing the rooms.

    As far as the decorating aspect with towels, bedding linens, I am not sure what they are going to do, because Lowes doesn't have that stuff (I can't believe that thought didn't dawn on me until some of you mentioned it, DUH mel!) I am sure that they will mention a sponsor during the show tonight, I mean...they LOVE mentioning their sponsors!
    Hmmm, well after the 3rd show last night, I still don't know where they are getting their linens! I reckon it's possible they brought them from home.

    Also, I think only 2 of the couples actually had a bed in the room. The couple that won, I never saw a bed. And I think they used the beds they won in the furniture challenge.

    The 3rd place team decided to spend a day getting a puppy?? Someone needs to rethink their strategy, IMHO.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

    But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

  8. #28
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,726
    Yep, I guess they don't have to have the furniture in there. Next week will be interesting with the landscaping. Rebecca and Joey did pretty good with their outside patio, they will probably win AGAIN.

  9. #29
    Play ball!! melpepinla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In the bleachah seats
    Posts
    1,126
    Totally baffled about all the linens and furniture after watching the master bedroom episode. Rebecca & Joey indeed didn't have much furniture, which sort of made me angry. They won this week's room without us even really seeing the design?? And the realtor and construction judges weren't too happy with the lighting fixtures with the molding... I know that the other two couples didn't finish their closets and there were a few construction problems, but at least they decorated their rooms. I know that the points awarded were real close this challenge, but those judges are a bit hypocritical if you ask me. :mad: Personally, I thought it would be a toss-up between Cindy & Bill and Katie & Adam to win the room. I was pretty impressed with both couple's closets (even though they didn't finish them...)

    I loved the budget challenge this week. Cindy & Bill were sooo cute, especially when they sped them up...jumping up and down on the trampoline and painting only a few square because they were so short... I am totally rooting for them to finish a room!!

    Katie and Adam continually drive me batty. Adopting a puppy during your last 24 hours to finish your room??? A quarter (or was it a third?) of their last 24 hours were eaten up by running around time getting the puppy. Now, Macy was absolutely adorable and I would love a puppy just like her. But to adopt a puppy while you are working on a house for 3 months?? This couple continues to bite off more than they can chew.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

  10. #30
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,726
    I totally agree, what were Katie and Adam thinking?!?! I think Cindy and Bill don't get enough credit for what they do. I don't know what it is about Rebecca and Joey, why does everyone think they're so great?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.