+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: House Rules on TBS

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I really like this show and am looking forward to seeing what ideas each of the couples come up with. They aren't working with any designers are they?
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

This show also appeals to me. There is a lot of work to be done at each house.
    Was this series started a while ago, and we catch up to them for the final vote? or is this presently on and each week is filmed & edited for Friday viewing?

Quote Originally Posted by voyager265
    I really like this show and am looking forward to seeing what ideas each of the couples come up with. They aren't working with any designers are they?
    They aren't working with designers like the families on House Wars. They have to do everything themselves, which I think is real cool!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac
    This show also appeals to me. There is a lot of work to be done at each house.
    Was this series started a while ago, and we catch up to them for the final vote? or is this presently on and each week is filmed & edited for Friday viewing?
    TBS has only shown one episode bobmac, so you can start watching this Friday (10/17) and every Friday until the finale on 12/19. I am not sure of the "timeline", but it mentions in the rules that they do one room per week and are remodelling for 12 weeks. I think that it is a Survivor/Last Comic Standing situation where the filming is already completed and the viewers get to watch the edited shows then vote on who we think should win.
    Last edited by melpepinla; 10-15-2003 at 10:07 PM.

I just saw the new episode and it is still looking like a great show. But they should show them doing the work more because you hardly get to see what they are doing. They also need to stop plugging different products such as the cell phones and the crappy Kia Sedona.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse_85
    I just saw the new episode and it is still looking like a great show. But they should show them doing the work more because you hardly get to see what they are doing. They also need to stop plugging different products such as the cell phones and the crappy Kia Sedona.
    I agree...we didn't see much work being done. There were plenty of shots of the Lowe's sign though!

None of them finished their room this week, I think it was due to underestimating? Do you think they will work harder in the future to finish?

And if the first prize is a car, I can't wait to see what the next ones are!!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    And if the first prize is a car, I can't wait to see what the next ones are!!
    I don't think a Kia can be said as the great prize. I would take tea set over that car. I think they are just getting use to what they have to do and how to manage there time. They will eventually get the whole room done, just need to get use to cramming their work.

I enjoyed the episode. It is quite a shame they didn't get to finish the master bath, but honestly, all three of those bathrooms needed major work done. And they had less than 7 days to complete the project when all was said and done, so I wasn't too surprised to see that they didn't finish. I was surprised how under budget some of the couples came.

I've been watching the show-it's good but the couple who haven't even lived together before don't deserve to win a house! Really I don't even see them getting through this much less staying together for long enough to make good use out of the prize. But they did do the best bathroom. The older married couple didn't do anything. They got a new rug and tore up the shower. The younger married couple was just out of their frickin minds. That was ridiculous.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    I enjoyed the episode. It is quite a shame they didn't get to finish the master bath, but honestly, all three of those bathrooms needed major work done. And they had less than 7 days to complete the project when all was said and done, so I wasn't too surprised to see that they didn't finish. I was surprised how under budget some of the couples came.
    I have done a remodel on a bathroom that wasn't near as big as the ones they had. It took me forever to do, let alone less than 6 days. Plus remember, they are not professionals at this, sure they have done alittle home repair but nothing like a major re-do.

I thought the two male judges were a bit too critical of them. like the comment "it really doesn't grab me." hey chucklehead, why don't you get your wife and show us what you can do in that short of time.

If my wife and I did this show, we would be seperated by the first day of the first project....

+ Reply to Thread