+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: House Rules on TBS

FORT Newbie
    No offence to the general public, but anybody could register the name of "Cindy Scott" and pose as her. I'm not saying that this is the case, but don't believe everything you read on a screen.

Notes:

1) If you check out her profile there is nothing validating that this is her.

2) If I were producing a show such as "House Rules" I would have it stated in the contract that they sign, that while they are on the show they are NOT allowed to contact outside sources via internet, as that could be viewed as tainting the public opinion.

If the person posting really is Cindy, then I apologize for this post, but you can probably see why I am so sceptical.

I've watched the show from the beginning and though I feel the J & R have the best eye for design and the best workmanship, I can't help but to feel that they were playing the "Aww, we are the happy, newly-engaged couple - vote for us!" card.

One of the last things joey said near the end of the show this week was "I proposed to Rebecca in this house." - Totally a desperate, last-ditch attempt to garner viewer support.

On a side note, their competitiveness wasn't that bothersome to me (as it is a sort of game show), but Joey's self-admiration was starting to get on my nerves after about the 2nd episode.

I felt that the other two couples were much more likeable.

All three couples have really surprised me with their advancements in their design concepts and workmanship, and there is a good argument to vote for J&R when you consider just those two factors.

When I think about how smug Joey has been, and that he wanted to make sure there was an emphasis on their blossoming relationship in the end, I had to take that into consideration too.

Well I voted for Rebecca and Joey!!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyscott
    Hi, it's Cindy, here. I posted this thread on another board, and decided to post to this one, too. I just want to thank you all for this forum. This has been one of the only two places I could go to get an objective reaction to the show in general, and our work and ideas in particular.

House Rules has been just an incredible experience for Bill and me, and we are SOOO glad we did it. It's also so exciting that the show is interesting and entertaining to viewers, and that viewers seem to get so passionate about it. Maybe it's because you can see that we were all passionate about it, as well. I have never posted here before, because I wanted this board to remain objective, and I still do. I think that your views here have been rational, fun, and honest. Sorry y'all didn't like my faux finish -- ha! Oh, well. Just had to try it, and I think I've figured it out, now. Nobody can say we played it too safe!

Bill and I are truly proud to have been a part of the first season of this crazy show, even when they showed me crying, Bill yelling, or us bickering. For better or worse, what they've shown is who we really are. We do really love each other, and we really do cut up and laugh alot. That's how we got through the tremendous stress of remodeling a room in five days with cameras in our faces the whole time!

Here's the message I really want to get across. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but PLEASE vote for whomever it is you think deserves the house, and tell everyone you know to do the same. The voting really matters, because of the 2 million or so people out there watching this show, I would imagine that only a small percentage of those viewers will actually take the time to make the call or go online to vote. In addition, because there was no way for the producers to technically restrict it, there is no limit to how many times people can vote. So your vote matters, and further more, the more you vote for the couple you think deserves to win, the MORE it matters.

Thanks for watching and sharing this experience with us. We'll miss you and your honest opinions very much.
    If you really are Cindy let me say you and Bill did a great job and you do deserve the win.I was not impressed by Adam's lazy attitude(like leaning on the shovel while Katie was struggling to move the wheelbarrow full of mud and water)and some of the other things he did.You and Bill impressed me with every thing you did from day one.It was nice of Bill to help Katie and Adam when they asked him.I really do hope you win the house since you two clearly deserve to win.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan05
    I am sick and tired of them making Katie and Adam look like slackers--just as much as it makes Rebecca look like a brat...and Cindy look like a bad-mouther. This show is really great, but has gotten on mylast nerve lately with the whole proposal thing. It made me want to gag--and with it so close to the end..makes me wonder why Joey didn't wait one more week until the show was over?? A simple ploy to win a few votes--that is my guess. I do like some of their work--not spectacular--but I really Hate Bill & Cindy's style--I will have to say that I am still stuck on Katie and Adam--I think they would appreciate it so muchmore--with how far they have come. Just IMHO.

They don't have to try hard to make Adam look like a slacker because he is one.He loafs when Katie is gone, he is to lazy to make himself a sandwich,but the best was him standing there leaning on the shovel while Katie moves the wheelbarrow of mud.It is clear for all to see that Adam is not really dedicated to working to win the house.From most of what I have seen of Katie and Adam I think they will be lucky if they are still married for their fourth anniversery.Joey and Rebecca just have that annoying conceited quality that I love to hate.Bill and Cindy seem to be a sincere couple who are clearly in love and have poured their hearts into this home.

I got about 20 or so votes in for Bill and Cindy, I hope they win!!

Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    I got about 20 or so votes in for Bill and Cindy, I hope they win!!
    I never could get in to vote!! I wanted to vote for Bill and Cindy. I sure hope they win!

Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    I never could get in to vote!! I wanted to vote for Bill and Cindy. I sure hope they win!
    I voted early in the morning on Saturday. When the show was on on Saturday it was hard to get through. I was able to get through all day Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    I voted early in the morning on Saturday. When the show was on on Saturday it was hard to get through. I was able to get through all day Sunday.

Their voting system really sucked. I hate the ones where they allow people to vote more than once.From the TBS board there are several groups voting for K&A because they are so cute and just married so they need the house.From all I saw on the program B&C should win. They did the best job overall and deserve to win the house.The judges even said they had the most difficult house and they did the best job of making changes.I hope Bill and Cindy win but have a sick feeling this will be like Survivor and Katie and Adam will win.If it happens that way TBS needs to come up with a better voting system. One vote per computer and phone number.

I couldn't vote at all. Everytime I got in to vote the image wouldn't show up for the word I had to type. Then when it did the last page wouldn't load so I don't know if my votes registered or not.

+ Reply to Thread