+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trading Spaces: Boys vs Girls

Trading Spaces: Boys vs Girls

Kinda like Trading Spaces, except with kids. The boys redesign the girls' room and vice versa. Pretty interesting. Has anyone seen it? It shows at 11:30 AM Saturdays on Discovery Kids (NBC).

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    Kinda like Trading Spaces, except with kids. The boys redesign the girls' room and vice versa. Pretty interesting. Has anyone seen it? It shows at 11:30 AM Saturdays on Discovery Kids (NBC).
    Hi,

I saw one episode.

It was OK, but the 30-minute format does not allow for time to get to know the participants more.

I like the way they add child celebrities as co-participants. This way, there will be no jealousy if you ask your friend to help you to design cool rooms, and the child celebrities are more out-going, engaging the participants.

However, they use different hosts and carpenters, which take time for me to get to know them.

What do you think?

It was OK, but the 30-minute format does not allow for time to get to know the participants more.
    THis is one thing i LIKE about the British counterpart "Changing Rooms" With Trading Spaces, I've gotten a little burnt out on the "banter" and pseudo "how to" (more often than not "how NOT to") part of the show, not to mention 30 minutes of Paige hammering them about time and budget... I now usually pay attention to the first ten minutes (before) and the Last ten minutes (reveal) and tune the rest out...

And for the record, I actually like this version with kids better than "Trading Spaces Family" where they sort of write off the kids abilities...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Rab
    It's an okay show. I've only seen two episodes, one involving a movie star's theme room.

+ Reply to Thread