+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'boot Camp Journal' Kicks Off On 'countdown: Iraq'

'boot Camp Journal' Kicks Off On 'countdown: Iraq'

This just in from NBC's official press releases:

'BOOT CAMP JOURNAL' KICKS OFF ON 'COUNTDOWN: IRAQ'
    Published: November 12, 2002

EIGHT-WEEK SERIES FOLLOWING THREE REAL-LIFE ARMY RECRUITS AS THEY TRAIN FOR DUTY KICKS OFF THIS WEEK

SECAUCUS, N.J. —- November 12, 2002 -— “Countdown: Iraq,” MSNBC’s primetime series devoted to the ongoing conflict between the United States and Iraq, this week kicks off “Boot Camp Journal,” an eight-week series of segments following the real-life boot camp training of three U.S. Army recruits. “Boot Camp Journal” follows the recruits from their goodbyes to their loved ones as they report for camp, through basic training at Fort Jackson in South Carolina. MSNBC anchor and host of “Countdown: Iraq,” Lester Holt goes behind the scenes with the cadets in a series of weekly segments, starting Thursday, Nov. 14 at 7:00-8:00 p.m. ET.

The recruits are: Paul C. Burger, 27, of Swathmore, PA, training as a Electronics Warfare Signal Intelligence Analyst; Gary A. Parkhurst, 28 of Ridley Park, PA, whose specialty will be as a Signal Intelligence Analyst; Daniel G. Smith, 19, of Cape May Court, NJ. His specialty will be Food Services. Dan's mother Diane served in the Army as an MP for two years. Paul and Gary have been friends for 15 years and roommates for the past three years. They enlisted together and will go through basic training together and other additional training. These three cadets will allow MSNBC cameras to follow them all the way through boot camp at Fort Jackson, as they test the limits of their endurance.

“These men are willing to let us go behind the scenes of one of the toughest challenges they’ll ever face,” says Holt, “Viewers will get to experience what these recruits will be living every day as they push themselves physically, and mentally, to the limit.”

“Countdown: Iraq” features the most comprehensive coverage on television of America's face-off with Saddam, including the latest technology, exclusive military and diplomatic experts, and live reports from the front lines, including NBC News and MSNBC correspondents around the globe. “Countdown: Iraq,” hosted by Lester Holt, airs weeknights, 7:00-8:00 p.m. on MSNBC, America’s NewsChannel. For the latest information and updates on the recruits of “Boot Camp Journal” visit www.tv.msnbc.com.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    This sounds interesting...I wonder why there has been so little press on it....??
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Sounds interesting. Not a good time slot, though. I'll definitely tape it. I need my fix of the military.

I cannot believe I missed this! Grrr!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Wolf forgot to tape it, and BF forgot to watch it...Now we're in trouble

I don't know why I thought it wasn't until next week. Anyway, it says it's a weekly series, so I'll mark it on my calendar for next week. I gather it's the same day and same time. I'll check the tv guide.

I looked on my guide on MSNBC and it said Countdown to Iraq...but that's a news thing I think they do every week, not this series... ? I was going to try to find out if the press release date had been pushed back..

If I'm reading the release right, this "Boot Camp Journal" is an 8-week series that's aired as part of the regular "Countdown: Iraq" show.

+ Reply to Thread