+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Surviving Nugent", VH1 10/05

"Surviving Nugent", VH1 10/05

Surviving Nugent

Could you make it through a week with the Nuge? VH1 presents a two-hour reality based TV show that challenges seven contestants to survive in the Michigan wilderness, owned by, none other than the “Motor City Madman” himself, Ted Nugent.

This wacky guy has recorded over 29 albums in his career and was the number 1 touring artist in the late 1970s. He is currently known for his involvement with the NRA and hunting big game. Contestants beware!

Watch as these seven unsuspecting souls, including a vegan, a gay man, a New Yorker who’s not afraid to do a little kissing up, a saucy sex kitten who’s not ashamed to use all her assets to get ahead, and a Michigan native who is sure smelling sweet will bring him success, battle for $50,000. But first, they have to get past the Nuge. Will they snap under the pressure and all-terrain contests? You have to watch to find out.

There are no rules, so anything goes! All the drama and mayhem unfolds Sunday October 5, 9/8c PM.

Be sure to check out exclusive video footage of the show and additional character information by clicking here now:

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/survivi..._special.jhtml

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to this show simply because I love Ted Nugent.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Rocker and outdoorsman Ted Nugent enters world of reality TV

By MIKE HOUSEHOLDER
    The Associated Press
    10/1/03 12:14 PM

They were shot with paintballs, made to sleep in a barn, construct their own outhouse and skin a Russian boar.

Is all of this worth $25,000 and prizes?

Evidently so for the seven who signed up for "Surviving Nugent," a two-hour reality program that airs this Sunday night on VH1.

In it, Ted Nugent, the outspoken rocker and outdoors enthusiast, challenges the contestants -- or "the monkeys" as he calls them -- to live off the land in his rural compound near Jackson, about 70 miles west of Detroit.

The contestants, who include a vegan, a gay man and an urban tough guy, are eliminated one by one as the Motor City Madman sees fit, and the last one standing wins the money and a truck.

Along for the ride are Nugent's wife, Shemane, son, Rocco, and his "blood brother," Big Jim, who drives the eliminated contestants down a dirt road in a pickup truck.

"We're showing off our self-sufficient, Neanderthal lifestyle," the 54-year-old Nugent said in an interview with The Associated Press. "If you can't derive some entertainment from that, you're weird."

The contestants initially were told only that their host was a legendary Detroit rock star. Some guessed it was Nugent. Others were unsure.

They were let out of a limousine on the dirt road, on which Nugent came riding toward them on horseback.

"Welcome, my little monkeys, to Camp Nuge. You're about to play a fun game of survival," he tells them.

"This is the real America where we kill our own food and live off the land. So, put away your antidepressants and diet pills and get ready to survive the Nuge."

By night, the contestants sleep in a chilly barn and during the day, they do chores like cutting tree limbs and shoveling manure. In between, they take part in challenges.

"Surviving Nugent" is scheduled for one airing, but if it is successful, it might live on in another form.

"Our hope is that it becomes the template for what would become an ongoing series for us," said Rob Weiss, head of East Coast programming and development for VH1.

Nugent, who's no stranger to television and has appeared on "Miami Vice" and "That 70's Show," thinks the show has a shot at being a success.

"I would like to think that if they can edit this, conveying the humor and the tension and drama we felt, it will be successful," he said. "I think I'm just goofy enough and the contestants tried hard enough, that it's gotta be entertaining."
    http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michi...flash-michigan

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I for one will try and make this a regular viewing effort. I do like the Nuge.

ewwwww Ted Nugent.

a friend of mine worked for him about 15 years ago, she said he was a total pig of a person.

Thank god I don't get cable so I don't accidently turn the channel and see him.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I can see how this show might end up being the brunt of some controversy...but I LOVED it!! I'm looking forward to seeing what anyone might have to say about it, I'll save up my commentary till all timezones have had their chance to see it cause I don't want to spoil it.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    This is just a 2 hour show, right? Not a series?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Right. For now.

On Hiatus
    Ugh. I watched this...it was hard not to-it was on 811 times yesterday. Ted has a right to his opinion, but the one guy was right-he HATES to lose an argument. That's most of my problem with him-he doesn't even acknowledge that we live in a country where we are free to express our opinions about his beliefs.

Which led to a fight in Casa de Angie...Ted cancelled a performance here in Illinois (at the state fair, mind you... ) because he didn't like our gun laws. Who gets hurt in that situation? The fans. That just makes me mad.

Thankfully, I am not one of the fans who got burned on that concert.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, darn it, too tired and set the vcr wrong, lost the last half hour, who won?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast