+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Moments In Reality TV Sept 21-27

Top Ten Moments In Reality TV Sept 21-27

Well fellow Top Ten devotees, I apologize for the delay in getting out this weeks list. Sometimes life gets in the way of the fun stuff. We have the list together, and I hope you enjoy….We've thrown in somthing that ties them all together... anyone want to see if they catch it?

10. I Feel Pretty

This week on Extreme Makeover viewers got to see the transformation of another two “plain folks” lookin’ for some magic. EM earns the tenth spot in the Top Ten for doing what they do so well. Advertise for plastic surgeons with some car commercials thrown in for good measure. Do viewers find this one hour ad depressing? Probably not, as when confronted with not only the “after” shots of the participants, but the total transformation that takes place inside their beings, one can’t help but be happy for them. Extreme Makeover continues to beautify they world a couple people at a time. Well done. To see the before and after pictures of this weeks episode, please click HERE

9. That's What Friends Are For

As the episode opened, Paradise Hotel's Scott was furious with Dave for pausing too long before eventually deciding to send Beau home over Scott. Or so he thought. Dave revealed during a heated Pandora's Box that he actually considered sending his closest ally Keith home as well. This revelation sent the guests of Paradise into a tailspin. Keith felt betrayed, but Dave insisted that he was just feeding Scott a bunch of bull. Rather than dial down on the duplicity, Dave continued his false promises to both Scott and Holly, losing the trust of Keith and Tara in the process. Soon no one could believe anything Dave said and ganged up on him for one last dogpile. By the end of the night, Dave's lies potentially cost him the game and the friendship and acceptance he seemed to want even more.

8. Slip Out the Back, Jack

Once houseguests of the Big Brother 4 household, the jury members were required to watch the entire season before voting. In the season finale we watched these former houseguests sit on long couches and discuss who said what. Dana, upset at Jack's remarks in his confessionals, called him on it. We were taken to the famous clip in which Jack said that Dana had "the sex appeal of a buzzard's crotch." Jack, ever the diplomat, apologized profusely.

In his later confessional, Jack attempted to defuse the severity of his comment, and this is how he did it. He said that where he grew up--in Southern West Virginia--there were many buzzards. He said that he met a particularly "attractive" buzzard one day, and Dana was reminiscent of it. Apparently, having the sex appeal of a buzzard's crotch is a good thing. Way to back pedal, Mr. Buzzard Lover.

7. I Wanna Hold Your Hand

On the premiere episode of The Bachelor 4, Bob has a bevy of beauties all vying for his affection. In order to get the immediate attention of BachelorBob, lovely Estella wears a form fitted little black dress. She looks great as she steps out of the limo with her striking smile, bright eyes and bubbly personality. Feeling that this might not be enough to ensure her a rose, during their initial encounter, Estella grabs his hand and holds it to her breast while whispering under her breath, "I'm so nervous. Do you feel my heart beating?" Embarrassed Bob laughs nervously and says "Yes, I do" as he cops a free feel.

6. Wind Beneath My Wings

That's what every Mom says about their baby anyway...
    We finally got to see the ever popular Bob Guiney as ABC's Bachelor number 4. Oprah’s best friend and Trista castoff brought his Mom along for the scary first encounter with the 25 bachelorettes. He canoodled and schmoozed, but the final choices were run through the Mama filter. Now why didn't they think of this sooner? I know, because she isn't gonna let a HO within ten feet of Jr.
    What's the fun in that?

5. Falling For The First Time

This week on Fear Factor there was $1 million dollars up for grabs. For a million bucks you were probably expecting to see contestants catching and eating a live rhinoceros or jumping the grand canyon on a pair of roller skates. If so, you were probably a little disappointed when they started off the night with a race across the monkey-bars. Yeah, that’s right, monkey-bars. First up was Vivian, the vivacious former Marine. She would be facing off with Leeann, the lovely Preschool Teacher. Hmmm…Marine versus Preschool Teacher? My heart’s all aflutter. The anticipation is palpable. OK, not really. In a rather amusing upset, Private Vivian is the first to fall off the monkey-bars. Don’t worry about what your Marine buddies are thinking right now, honey. You were beaten by a ringer. Everybody knows that Preschool Teachers spend their summers training for the Preschool Monkey-Bar Olympics

4. I’ll Tumble For You

On Queer Eye for the Straight Guy this week’s fashion victim proposed quite a difficult task for the Fab 5. Penny pincher Alan had some trouble in the kitchen when preparing for the final reveal. He was probably feeling overwhelmed with all the money that was spent along with his parents meeting his girlfriend’s parents. Unfortunately, while having a tough time cutting bread, Alan knocked over some 1950’s vintage glassware that Ted helped him buy earlier in the day. This included a classic martini pitcher. Feeling overwhelmed by the mishap, Alan was not able to offer martinis to his guests, so he instead thought it would be better to make them the stiffest drinks even a liver the size of Texas couldn’t handle. The best was offering his possible future in-laws a gin and tonic that consisted of 2/3 gin, and a whiskey on the rocks minus some rocks. Hey, if they don’t like you Alan, they’ll be too drunk to remember!

3. Shot Through the Heart

This week on Survivor we got to see Shawn inflict true pain on Rupert by losing the coveted spearhead. Rupert wriggled and writhed and moaned and groaned and growled. Finally he threw up his hands and formulated a plan to get the life-saving tool back. Using the search-by-grid method Rupert dove in and gave it his all. Thank goodness for those guys in editing who save our eyes from a glimpse of his pirate treasures. Rupert's efforts paid off as his final dive revealed the prize. I am sure every creature on the Drake island heard of Rupert's success. He let out a victory cry or two that anyone could hear. As Rupert indicated, I am sure Shawn was glad that the spearhead was found.

2. Money Can't Buy Me Love

This seasons final episode was the chilliest yet. You thought that being pelted with ice was tough? Well, that was nothing compared to the cold greeting the former houseguests gave Jun and Ali as they reentered the house to reveal the winner. In past Big Brother has had mixed responses from the former house guests. I guess the fresh visions of diary room confessions left them disgusted with the finalists this time around. Upon revealing Jun as the winner, there were no hugs and congratulations. I am sure Jun was glad to win the money and Ali was satisfied coming in second, but there was no victory dance and no thank yous exchanged. I guess money cannot give you back your self-respect or buy you love.

1. Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu

This week's Survivor: Pearl Islands brought out the worst in Morgan, and particularly Osten. As Morgan completely melted down, Osten claimed that his body just couldn't take any more, and he wanted to get voted out. He was pretty sure that by the next morning, he'd have blood in his lungs, which would interfere with his hysterical jumping every time a branch moved in the wind. But apparently it wouldn't interfere with his beach football game, where I'm sure he expended his last ounce of energy prior to Tribal Council - you know, just in case he got voted out.

The FoRT would like to thank the following writers for contributing to the list this week. In alphabetical order, they are: cali, Eny, Feifer, greenie, John, Miss Filangi, Shayla, sher, and Zhora
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

great top ten moments all! This is a fun read!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Well done!

FORT Newbie
    Sorry, I can't take this seriously since it doesn't contain at least one Joe Schmo Show moment.

Couldn't agree more!

ErvnMgcSchwartz

No need to apologize. I hope you stick around to enjoy the site a little more.

Sooo... the new list is up... did anyone figure out the common theme that tied all these moments together?

Got me...

All the titles were song titles.

Very clever with the song titles, Cali, I like it! My favorite part was the preschool teacher winning the monkey bar race. I didn't see it, but your description was funny!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast