+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TS- They Hated It!

Doug's "the fireplace" Room:

Doug: "I don't decorate barns"

WHAT?!? Yes, he did a room as a gross green barn. 1st year, he changed a room from nice maroon to pea green, complete with faux rafters on the upper ceilings.
    They didn't give the ho's time to tell everything wrong with the fireplace, although they did say it was glued to the carpet. There was also a HUGE fire hazard, as sawdust was in between the facade and fireplace where it could be ignited.
    I'm so done with this show.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I was disappointed as well. It would have been much more interesting to have a show entirely about what happened afterwards, maybe designers coming back to see what has changed since they left. Those people would not have strangled them, they have had time to cool off I watched the 'brown room', but didn't have the endurance to continue through the fireplace episode.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Same here. This was embarrasing.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    An awful lot of hype for three re-runs if you ask me....The lack of graciousness and respect for the homeowners opinion was noticable in all three designers post mortums....Doug's "I don't design barns...was particularly annoying...and compared to some of the things he's done lately a barn would be appealing...plus..though I dont like country...the HO's room looked better and actually worked with the fireplace they loved and strange thing was it looked nice in the new setting...and I thought it was ugly when I first saw it...a better desinger then Doug could have worked with it...

All I saw was Rick's response to his hideous dining room. That room was the only episode he's been in that I've seen (has he done others?), and I thought his flippant attitude was such a turnoff. "I loved that they hated it"?? Screw him. At least someone like Doug - as much as I think he's arrogant - has built up some level of familiarity with TS viewers. Rick just came off as an ass.

I agree with you, Amanda. I thought the room was atrocious, and Rick's attitude in the post-show interview certainly did not endear him to me any more. :nono What an ass...

Ugh, he made me so angry.

I was disappointed in the shows, I guess I was expecting something more than just to repeat the show then just have two minutes of chat with the designers and HO's.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    An awful lot of hype for three re-runs if you ask me....The lack of graciousness and respect for the homeowners opinion was noticable in all three designers post mortums....Doug's "I don't design barns...was particularly annoying...and compared to some of the things he's done lately a barn would be appealing...plus..though I dont like country...the HO's room looked better and actually worked with the fireplace they loved and strange thing was it looked nice in the new setting...and I thought it was ugly when I first saw it...a better desinger then Doug could have worked with it...

I agree.
    Doug has obviously forgotten the room he designed for the woman who wouldn't let Hilde dye her neighbours carpet.
    That room had a barn ceiling.
    Doug is an insufferable ass imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Agreed. Totally disappointing. I expected several "disasters" to be revisited. What a bummer to have a little one minute tag at the end.

"Trading Spaces" could really cash in with an entire series devoted to post Trading Spaces where they visit the homeowners 6 months after the taping to see what they changed.

Yeah, Doug is arrogant as hell. Rick is out to lunch.

I wish the designers had rules like: if there are kids, make the room kid friendly (some do but not all); if they have specific interests, those interests must be included (piano); the redecorating must be functional and able to withstand real living conditions (I suspect some of this stuff will fall down in two months). Now THAT would involve designer challenges!

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    Agreed. Totally disappointing. I expected several "disasters" to be revisited. What a bummer to have a little one minute tag at the end.

"Trading Spaces" could really cash in with an entire series devoted to post Trading Spaces where they visit the homeowners 6 months after the taping to see what they changed.
    I think this is an excellent idea.
    I'd love to see whether most of the homes remain as the desingers left them or what changes the HO's made.
    Even where the HO's like a room they might still make a few changes to suit their family.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast