+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trading Spaces $100,000

As I said before, I really hate the fact that the HO's on this show are just regular people that struck lucky.

Think what they could have done with that budget for a family who had their home wrecked by flood, fire etc.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Also, imagine what they could have done for a family that takes in foster kids, or for a children's home or something of that nature.

I know I keep harping on about this
    but I really am a bit disappointed.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Plymouth Mass isnt quite as high rent as the Hamptons or Newport Rhode Island.....I wish they had actually gone to a place where the Home owners actually use designers....I would love to see them or their lawyers put Doug in his place....

bump

don't forget to set your VCR or have the popcorn ready!! I can't wait to see what disaster Doug has wreaked on these poor people
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm just glad it's "real people", and not "friends of the designer" ... I would hope that if I lucked out enough to get this no one would begrudge me.

And I'm glad that hildi, Kia, or Rick didn't get it. I don't trust them with 1k, why would I want them with 100k?
    I'd have liked to see Frank and Vern get it ... that would be great to see the very different styles there, although Laurie is okay. Just too "yellow" (pumpkin, sunset, lemon, ....!)
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    $100,000 would go a long way toward building a house where I live. I just hope it won't take the "lucky" homeowners that much to redo the messes these designers can sometimes make.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

I just think there is the potential to do so much with the money that it's a shame they didn;t put it to better use than just redoing a room for a bunch of regular Joes.

I don't begrudge the HO's getting it done, good luck to them, they still run the risk of not liking their rooms.
    I hate the idea of the designers just filling the rooms with overpriced things so they can use up the budget without paying attention to the lifestyle the HO's have, e.g. don't put a $10,000 rug on the floor if the HO's have kids and pets.

I'm trying to give the show the benefit of the doubt, but on that budget they really should be renovating the entire house, not just decorating, which is why I would have preferred them choosing houses that really needed a lot of work done on them.

I guess we'll see tonight whether the houses chosen were good subjects for such a vast budget.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I'm trying to give the show the benefit of the doubt, but on that budget they really should be renovating the entire house, not just decorating, which is why I would have preferred them choosing houses that really needed a lot of work done on them.
    That is what I am thinking too. If the rest of the house is not decorated on a 50k/room budget, this one room might seem out of place. They could have done a week long change-the-whole-house deal instead of spending 50k in one room in less than two days.

(Of course, if someone would come to my house and tell me they will spend 50k in one room and it costs me nothing, I'd say come this way...)
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

i just think 100 G's is way retarded

i've seen some great things done on shows like Designer's Challenge for only $10-20K dollars

i will make sure and watch just to see how people waste money...

Don't mean to be piling on but I'm just a disappointed as fluff that this TS is for regular homeowners.

.... and just imagine if the homeowners don't LOVE their rooms afterwards ... it would be a huge waste. I wonder if we'll see some of the items from their rooms up for sale on eBay soon?

On the flip side, I don't know if I'm so turned off that I won't watch. The gimic seems to be working for sweeps.
    I like to watch - Chance the Gardener, Being There

+ Reply to Thread