+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trading Spaces $100,000

Ty and Amy Wynn were also in the commercial Shazzer.
    Perhaps a $100,000 budget gets them a carpenter each

I would really hope that with that kind of budget they have chosen "worthy" HO's, e.g someone who lost their home in a bad fire, a habitat for humanity home etc.

If they are doing a single room for a couple of the regular people who applied to be on the show and just happened to luck out and get this show to be on, then I really hope not to see a whole lot of MDF for once.
    "That's Numberwang!"

What I'm wondering is if the entire budget for the show is $100K (so $50K apiece), or $100K each?

And fluff, I was at the "$99,950 of fabric" comment.

I'll be watching this show too!!! I cant get enough Trading Spaces.. (or exclamation marks apparently)

What the heck were they thinking?? Giving Doug $100 000 to disappoint us with? I'm with all of you! Vern would have done a SUPERB job with that much cash. As for Laurie.. Fluff was on the mark! The woman uses so much fabric you have to wonder if she has a paint allergy.
    p.s. the fabric will be green/beige/coral with stripes/floral/shiney. LOL Laurie is way too predictable.
    I think poor Frank might get lost in Lowe's with $100 000. lol
    (imagine the grave that Kira whatsherface could create with that kind of money!)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    $100,000 for a room.....I see mink curtains. contractors knocking down walls and a persian rug....and still $9 a yard slip covers on exisiting furniture.....some how they wont quite use the money right....but I would love to see this....

That's the thing I dread museumguy, that the money will not be spent in a rational way.
    I'm looking forward to hearing some more details about the show.
    I would really like to know exactly how many rooms they're expected to do with the budget.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I would really hope that with that kind of budget they have chosen "worthy" HO's, e.g someone who lost their home in a bad fire, a habitat for humanity home etc.
    I agree. The only thing thats kept me from feeling really sorry for the homeowners is that their before rooms look better than anything in my or my friends homes. I wish they'd stop doing these new, huge, gorgeous homes and start making over older, less rich rooms. Then again, if something horrible has to be done to your room, Im glad its a rich person who can easily call their own private decorator than someone with no money, stuck with whatever monstrosity Trading Spaces unleashes on them.

I absolutely agree.
    If you saw the one where Hilde wanted to dye the carpet orange, this is the pwerfect example of a froom that was a bad choice for this show imo.
    The HO's obviously originally decorated on a budget far exceeding $1000.
    They had very good quality furniture for one thing and the room although decorate simply was ice enough, if not a little bland.
    I can see why Hilde felt she had to make an impact, because there were really no "problems" for her to address.
    She didn't have a storage issue to deal with, or the need to make them a new bed, upgrade their bed linen etc. etc.
    It was a very poor choice of room imo, selected only because the female HO's had decided to start their own little design business.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Exactly, that bathroom was gorgeous. My bathroom is an indoor-outhouse compared to that. Why would you want it changed? Just for kicks? well, then may you forever get Hildoug.

I just bought an old home that needs alot of work. I must say, its changing my perspective on this show. Im going to now watch the destruction and uglination done to rich people's homes with evil comfort. hee. Destroy! Destroy!

sorry, Im still high off the primer.

So, um, it *is* 100K apiece?

Sorry to harp on this, but my mind is just boggling at how it's even possible to spend that kind of money on one room. Not that 50K is much better, but ... wow. You could buy an entire house for that much money where I grew up. A nice house, at that. Unless they're paneling the floors in magical wood, and painting the walls with crushed diamonds, I genuinely don't get it.

As far as I know it is $100k each.
    All I can find at the official site is that it;s a 2 hour show, starting at 8pm eastern.

The fact that it's two hours makes me think they are liekly doing more than one room each.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread