+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Columbus :Shelby - Rick's room

I have no idea what the reasoning is behind getting Rick to be on the show.

I haven't like a single room he's done so far.

He would be a nightmare designer to hire imo because he is always having to cut things for being over budget.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    I thought they would have learned their lesson with Kia.
    OhHH! Do we have threads discussing Kia? Oh my gosh when I think I've watched TS all this time and have all these opinions bottled up in me that need to get out!

I think Kia won't be on many more shows. They have run out of border.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Kaky to answer your question....there are several of Kia's rooms on the next two pages and I think a thread to discuss making Kia go away....welcome to Fort and to this discussion

Getting back on topic...I just looked at the photos of this room again...so often a designer will mention that something in the room pulls everything together...no unifier here....its running in more than one direction.....

DO you think they hired Rick because he has great hair?

His design is one dimensional for each of the rooms I've seen. More based on color I guess.

Is he the one that took a simple dining room and tried to make it a caribbean eating experience? Used horrible colors and had Ty make a bench that looks like a throne and a torture to sit on it? ...and painted the chandelier a red color and then draped it in netting....?

Or am I mixing him up with somebody else? I probably have several different episodes mixed into one bad memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    I think Kia won't be on many more shows. They have run out of border.

Welcome to the FORT, Kaky!

Thanks! I've been so obsessed with Survivor and all its speculations I hadn't scrolled down the page to find this forum. TLC and HGTV is on my TV most of the time unless Survivor (ok, Bob Bachelor Dawg too) is on.

Now if we can just make sure all the HO who might be selling old borders in garage sales can just burn them for fire logs this winter, we are in good shape!

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    kaky I am not sure how they pick desingers for this show....But I am thinking good looks is probably high on the list...neither ability to make a room look good several fail there..nor is it camera presence...we have a bunch of hams when it comes to that.....perhaps its abiltity to overact in every situation....but that just could be me...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12