+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Date Patrol

Date Patrol

Did anyone see this on TLC last night? I thought it was o.k. Nothing that will keep me as interested as Trading Spaces though. The victim Kevin was pretty easy going, just a note .. umm telling a guy with low self esteem that he has zero sex appeal is not exactly a confidence booster, he could have just said we are going to enhance your sex appeal.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I was actually looking forward to this one, and came out of it sort of "ehhh". Not a horrible show, but not something that I'll cancel one of my others to watch (only problem is that I don't have any other shows scheduled against it, so guess I'll be tuning in).

Kevin really did a nice job and came out of this with a good new look and hopefully the confidence from it will continue.

The quirk I didn't like about the show was that it was a team effort thing and seemed like a wannabe QESG, guess that's bound to happen tho with that show's success.

FORT Newbie
    (resurrecting this thread...)

I actually like this show because it's useful to me - both to get tips and also to see that other people struggle with dating as well.

Plus it has a good clean "refreshing" feeling to it that I enjoy after I feel dirty after watching one of the trashy FOX reality shows (Complex Malibu...ugh)

This program doesn't seem to have a regular day though, I never know when it's going to be on. TLC website says next 2 episodes are Sun Sep 19 5 pm and Sun Sept 26 5pm.

Racer...it is so frustrating trying to find the newer episodes of this show! For a couple of weeks it'll be on at a regular timeslot and then disappear for several weeks, and POOF reappear. Just a pain in the patookie! Thank goodness my DVR is set to pick it up whenever it's on, or I'd never find it!

I really am liking this season a lot better than their first! Now that they are doing 2 people simultaneously it keeps the pace of the show going much better and keeps my interest as well. Used to be that I'd see the beginning, sort of zone out during the middle, and come back for the final date...now there's no need, the boring bits aren't there anymore.

+ Reply to Thread