+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Clean Sweep

Clean Sweep

So what do you guys think of this show, I just can't believe people are that messy and dirty!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I'm looking forward to it . Kinda looks like my base ment and walk in closet . I wonder if they do requests . No big rooms like that, so I'm not that bad. It will be great to get storage ideas anyway.

dear clean sweep people , I am a mom of three packrats and a packrat hubby. Please help me before I go nuts

I watch it everyday @ 6pm EST. They do BIG room.. and I still can't believe how some people live!!

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    dear clean sweep people , I am a mom of three packrats and a packrat hubby. Please help me before I go nuts
    Sounds familiar, I only have 2 small packrats, but I think the bigger packrat makes up for the lack of one more small one. He even brings home stuff from work that people wanted to get rid off... Sometimes I secretly "organize" the collections. Quite honestly though, I would be just too embarrassed to show the state of our household in national TV, it really is that bad.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I've seen this a few times and can't decide whether I like it or not yet.

I can't recall them saying ahead of time what kind of budget they're working with which is something I'd like to know.

I think they should try a bit harder to offer storage solutions for the amount of stuff the HO's have, rather than trying to get them to get rid of half of it.
    There have been times when they have talked the HO's into getting rid of things that clearly have some sentimental value.
    "That's Numberwang!"

There's sort of a sister show that I started watching before this one came out...it's on the Style network called Clean House. The hostess is a bit annoying, very Jackee (not sure how you spell it, but I believe she was on 227 back in the day), but they atleast do have a bit more clear cut "rules". They do the same sort into trash/sell/keep but they compromise a lot better on what stays and goes (if you get rid of this piece of furniture I'll get you custom closets kind of trade offs). With whatever money that comes out of the sale from the items they match it to get the budget to redo the house (I've seen them do up to 4 rooms fully before, but they seem to pretty much do the entire house atleast SOME).

Anyways!! I think I really should nominate my mother for one of these two shows, and I've actually been enjoying them both.

That sounds interesting Libra.

I think I could probably get ointo Clean Sweep given time.
    There are a lot of design shows I love to watch. but I think I will need to stick with this one for a while before making my mind up.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I haven't seen it yet. The genre is getting awfully crowded, isn't it?!?

It is Z.

I think the show has potential, I just don't think it's very well put together and for me, they spend too much time trying to get the people to chuck stuff away.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think the show has potential, I just don't think it's very well put together and for me, they spend too much time trying to get the people to chuck stuff away.
    I agree fluff.
    I think it might be better as a how-to show where they give folks strategies for how to sort through things and keep stuff organized. Or design ideas for how to keep things looking neat (even when they aren't). It's just pure voyeurism.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast