+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Wade Robeson Project

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    There was this one girl who just made me laugh so much. She was the one to didn't just want to be a dancer, but a super star in all respects. She was a black girl with large eyes. At the end when the judges were talking, she kept quickly mouthing something. What was she doing? I thought maybe she was trying to send then a message and sway their vote. She only made me laugh.
    I noticed that too! I was like what the heck is she doing! It was pretty funny though.
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    Eldee, I saw the one where the gal ripped off her pants, too. She wasn't awesome or anything like that but she sure connected with the audience in a big way!
    Yeah, that was Michelle. I'm totally rooting for her. I'll admit that her first performance was much better though. The thing that impresses me the most (being a dancer) is that she shows amazing technique in her dancing. She has style, technique, stage presence, and in the first one she did a little gymnastics (which always wins me over lol). I really hope she wins, she really deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by *~GymQT~*
    Yeah, that was Michelle. I'm totally rooting for her. I'll admit that her first performance was much better though. The thing that impresses me the most (being a dancer) is that she shows amazing technique in her dancing. She has style, technique, stage presence, and in the first one she did a little gymnastics (which always wins me over lol). I really hope she wins, she really deserves it.
    I thought in the first run that they appeared much more natural, had more energy and different moves. It's beyond me, how a second performance would show less creativity, etc, in general.

I also like to see a higher technique or have a little gymnastics thrown in.

Are there any local or well known dance companies that you enjoy?

I thought in the first run that they appeared much more natural, had more energy and different moves. It's beyond me, how a second performance would show less creativity, etc, in general.

I also like to see a higher technique or have a little gymnastics thrown in.

Are there any local or well known dance companies that you enjoy?
    My dance school is not competitive and so I don't really know of any dance companies. Gymnastics is more my passion .

Quote Originally Posted by *~GymQT~*
    My dance school is not competitive and so I don't really know of any dance companies. Gymnastics is more my passion .
    Gymnastics and ballet techniques can really give a dancer an edge!!!

I was wondering if you ever watched a dance company/troupe on TV (like on PBS or Bravo) or if you go to dance concerts?

Gymnastics and ballet techniques can really give a dancer an edge!!!

I was wondering if you ever watched a dance company/troupe on TV (like on PBS or Bravo) or if you go to dance concerts?
    No, I haven't. Sorry. Maybe I'll watch one sometime though! Do you watch a lot of dance?

But back on track, all the performers were sooooo good! But I'll have to go with my girl Michelle!!! That part in the middle was HOT! Everyone vote for her!!!

From this year my favorites have been the Hubbard Chicago Dance Street and especially Twyla Tharpe.

From the WRP, my ratings for yesterdays contestants were from 1-3. The guy who danced to Justin Timberlake, then the girl, lastly the other guy. I taped the show and won't see tonight's competition until later.

I saw the repeats of the quarter finals. Three impressed me more than the rest.
    The white, blonde girl with the sparkly bra and black "mesh" over it.
    Someone else (forgot the clothes) and
    Melissa. She tore off her pants (no big deal), but she did several twirls/turns that I found to be impressive. She also gave it her all and made a lot of audience contact with her eyes.

There was this one girl who just made me laugh so much. She was the one to didn't just want to be a dancer, but a super star in all respects. She was a black girl with large eyes. At the end when the judges were talking, she kept quickly mouthing something. What was she doing? I thought maybe she was trying to send then a message and sway their vote. She only made me laugh.
    ______________________________ _______
    As much as l like dance shows, SNL did a spoof on the WRP. I got in early, but not early enough and missed the very beginning. It was so funny. There was Wade, the announcer guy, and three dancers. Did anyone else catch it?

Yes, I know exactly who you're talking about! That girl wanted to be BIG, another Jennifer Lopez. And yea, it looked like she was mouthing something when the judges were talking, it was very weird. I'd love to know what that was all about.

From yesterday's competition, I liked Michelle as #1, the other girl as a close #2 and the guy #3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast