+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Wade Robeson Project

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    It's an okay show but I am not blown away by it. I've been watching because he did pick a deaf dancer to go into the 80 people elimination round and I'm waiting to see how he does.

All in all, it's okay. But I am not crazy about it.

I just realized the other night his name is Robson not Robinson. His dancing is a bit too spastic for my taste. He doesn't even heed his own advice. And I had no idea that Nick Carter was such a douche bag, with his hoody and his ever-fading music career.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moody
    I just realized the other night his name is Robson not Robinson. His dancing is a bit too spastic for my taste. He doesn't even heed his own advice. And I had no idea that Nick Carter was such a douche bag, with his hoody and his ever-fading music career.
    Yeah, Nick Carter looked foolish. I guess he was trying to look cool but just couldn't pull it off. Ugh!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

I missed the Nick Carter one, but I have seen Jessica Simpson on a couple of times.

I saw the repeats of the quarter finals. Three impressed me more than the rest.
    The white, blonde girl with the sparkly bra and black "mesh" over it.
    Someone else (forgot the clothes) and
    Melissa. She tore off her pants (no big deal), but she did several twirls/turns that I found to be impressive. She also gave it her all and made a lot of audience contact with her eyes.

There was this one girl who just made me laugh so much. She was the one to didn't just want to be a dancer, but a super star in all respects. She was a black girl with large eyes. At the end when the judges were talking, she kept quickly mouthing something. What was she doing? I thought maybe she was trying to send then a message and sway their vote. She only made me laugh.
    ______________________________ _______
    As much as l like dance shows, SNL did a spoof on the WRP. I got in early, but not early enough and missed the very beginning. It was so funny. There was Wade, the announcer guy, and three dancers. Did anyone else catch it?

What annoys me is when he inserts himself into their dances by telling them to "move there" and "cover the front", etc. That has to be terribly distracting.

Eldee, I saw the one where the gal ripped off her pants, too. She wasn't awesome or anything like that but she sure connected with the audience in a big way!

That girl surprised the heck out of me! I think she did a great job in putting her all into it and causing excitement and doing something considered different in that show. Choreography wise, not much, but that will be Wade's job.

There was a talllllll, black guy with shoooort blonde hair (?) who did not make it to the1/4, but he had a lot of technique. He was the one who would only simulate getting down and slidding the floor during their practice. That was when I knew that he wouldn't advance.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ __
    Also, they do the same in the dance classes I've seen. At first it bothered me that he did that, but when some followed his advise, made it better and one, I saw it as a good thing. Plus, it shows him whether they can listen while doing and take direction.
    Last edited by eldee; 10-05-2003 at 05:08 PM.

I remember him, Eldee. He just did not do well at all with what Wade tossed at him. Shame. Hey, are you on AOL, Eldee??

I logged onto FORT with the school computer. I don't remember what it was.

I won't be able to vote this week, but plan to either catch or tape the 11 p.m. shows. OH! Like Wade always says.

FORT Fogey
    They always pick the wrong dancers to move on, it's like a popularity contest, it's not even a real dancing contest. Plus, Wade Robson bugs the crap out of me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast