+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Makeover - A real Tear Jerker

eboughey

Extreme Makeover - A real Tear Jerker

I just watched this show for the second time. the first time seemed to spend quite a bit of time with the actual operations so I hadn't watched it again.

It was so emotional and a real tear jerker though. To see the women I saw tonight go through such a dramatic and radical change in their lives for the better is very touching.

I had sent my tape and application in on July 14th and received a call last night from "The Extreme Makeover" myself so maybe I'm just a little emotional because of that too. I related to their feelings as they described the insecurities and lack of self esteem due to their physical attributes as I'm sure millions of others do.

I've read articles on the vanity and shallowness of it all but I totally disagree. I feel that this was a life changing event that has brought an immense change for the better to the lives of these people.

Kudos to "The Extreme Makeover" for helping people make a better life for themselves and families.

Which one was it tonight?

there were 2 episodes on tonight in dallas. is that how it was everywhere? the first was a rerun of the twin and the mom - recapped by feifer as "from ho hum mum to hot mama!"

the second episode was a young woman named denise, i believe, that had NO boobs and got a boob job, a nose job, a brow lift, chemical peel and microderm abrasion and a 55 year old woman that had a full face lift, brow lift, complete permanent dentures, laser and chemical peel.

at the end of the show, the younger woman looked like uma thurman and the older looked a bit like liz taylor. good looking women.

I watched the second of the 2 eps tonight, it's a pretty crazy show. When they were doing that laser burning under her eyes that looked hardcore. I think both women looked great though after all was said and done. The Liz Taylor looking woman really lost like 15 years, her skin looked awesome.

eboughey
    Quote Originally Posted by holiday
    I watched the second of the 2 eps tonight, it's a pretty crazy show. When they were doing that laser burning under her eyes that looked hardcore. I think both women looked great though after all was said and done. The Liz Taylor looking woman really lost like 15 years, her skin looked awesome.
    I missed that part about the laser under the eyes...

Update: They never called back! They shouldn't call and get your hopes up like that and then not call back like they said they would. I'm gutted, but still being realistic and coming back down to earth.
    Last edited by eboughey; 09-12-2003 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eboughey
    I missed that part about the laser under the eyes...

Update: They never called back! They shouldn't call and get your hopes up like that and then not call back like they said they would. I'm gutted, but still being realistic and coming back down to earth.

Don't get discouraged! When they called my sister they didn't call her back for about another week-week & a half later.

I only watched one episode of this show. It was much too graphic for me, but that's a good thing in a way. I always wanted to have a nose job...not anymore. I don't have a masochistic bone in my body, I hate pain. I'd have to be kept under heavy sedation until I was completely healed. After watching Extreme Makeover, I've decided my nose isn't so bad after all.

For any of you hoping to get on the show, I wish you luck and lots of painkillers.

eboughey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancermom
    Don't get discouraged! When they called my sister they didn't call her back for about another week-week & a half later.

thank you for the vote of encouragement. I needed it at just that moment.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eboughey
    I just watched this show for the second time. the first time seemed to spend quite a bit of time with the actual operations so I hadn't watched it again.

It was so emotional and a real tear jerker though. To see the women I saw tonight go through such a dramatic and radical change in their lives for the better is very touching.

I had sent my tape and application in on July 14th and received a call last night from "The Extreme Makeover" myself so maybe I'm just a little emotional because of that too. I related to their feelings as they described the insecurities and lack of self esteem due to their physical attributes as I'm sure millions of others do.

I've read articles on the vanity and shallowness of it all but I totally disagree. I feel that this was a life changing event that has brought an immense change for the better to the lives of these people.

Kudos to "The Extreme Makeover" for helping people make a better life for themselves and families.
    Best of luck to you!! You'll have to keep us posted as to your progress.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
    I only watched one episode of this show. It was much too graphic for me, but that's a good thing in a way. I always wanted to have a nose job...not anymore. I don't have a masochistic bone in my body, I hate pain. I'd have to be kept under heavy sedation until I was completely healed. After watching Extreme Makeover, I've decided my nose isn't so bad after all.

For any of you hoping to get on the show, I wish you luck and lots of painkillers.

I had a nose job a couple years back to fix the aftermath of a freak collision in a basketball game.. I don't really remember much pain. I think I might have taken a couple Tylenol 3's for (maybe) a day or two, but that's about it.

I do remember not sleeping very well for the first night, because they put all this packing in my nose and I couldn't really breath through it. They took that out the next day, which felt pretty strange. If you've ever seen a clown pull a long ribbon or something out of his mouth, it was kind of like that, only more unpleasant. I had black eyes for a week or two, the feeling in parts of my nose took a few months to come back, and it's still sensitive to extreme temperatures. Would I do it again? Hell yeah. My self esteem still isn't the highest, but it's higher than it was before I got it done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast