+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme Makeover - A real Tear Jerker

GooFio, now you've made me rethink it. I saw a plastic surgeon many years ago and he told me there was nothing wrong with my nose. I wanted to be rid of the hump in the middle if it, but everyone acts like I'm crazy for thinking it's unattractive. Of course they do, they are friends and relatives.

If I ever get enough funds together, I may have to go for it. Glad your surgery wasn't too awful. The packing sounds pretty rough (but you made me chuckle, the way you described it).

MB, my wife just had rhinoplasty in August, for cosmetic reasons. It's something she wanted her whole life, even though everyone else thought it was just fine.

She just had a checkup today, and they showed her the pre-surgery photos. It's a big difference, but not so much that she looks like a new person. In fact, we recently went to a family function with a bunch of extended family who didn't know she had her nose job, and not a single one of them said anything about it.

The week following surgery is the toughest. My wife was eating baby food and drinking Ensure for a week. But after that, it's all good.

eboughey
    Well, I haven't had any good news to report on them getting back to me yet. I will keep you guys in the loop if anything comes of this.

It's been almost 2 weeks since they called though, so I think it was somewhat of a courtesy call.

Elena

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by eboughey
    Well, I haven't had any good news to report on them getting back to me yet. I will keep you guys in the loop if anything comes of this.

It's been almost 2 weeks since they called though, so I think it was somewhat of a courtesy call.

Elena

Don't think like that, keep your hopes up, maybe they won't call but instead will show up at your door and surprise you. If you really think about the amount of apps they must receive on a daily basis I wouldn't think that they would do a courtesy call, that would be over half the country I'm sure. I can relate to what you are feeling though because all I have to do is my tape and I'm sending my stuff in. And I've already been telling myself that they won't pick me but I pray that they will since my legs look like turkey drumsticks but from a 5'8 turkey. I'll pray for you and wish you the best of luck!!!

I thought the episode with the woman who worked hard in nebraska on her ranch really did look stunning by shows end. I felt really happy for her to be the belle of the ball. She deserved it.
    Donate free food to stray animals just for a click a day.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12