+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Junkyard wars?

Princess

Junkyard wars?

I was visiting in US recently and happened to catch an episode of a show that I think was called "Junkyard wars" or something like that. Anyone seen it? I thought it was one of the best reality shows I've seen! (Maybe because I'm an engineer )

FORT Regular
    Junkyard Wars is a pretty interesting show. However, it definitely has a small, niche market.

TCW
    It fits my niche quite well.

It's a great show and is and idea that likely spawned some of the more recent shows like Monster Garage, as well as kids versions of Junkyard wars on Discovery Kids and I noticed a similar type of show on the DIY channel once.

Basically here is a bunch of stuff, build something out of it, may the best team win.

It's one of those shows that my children and I can watch together and ejoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    I was visiting in US recently and happened to catch an episode of a show that I think was called "Junkyard wars" or something like that. Anyone seen it? I thought it was one of the best reality shows I've seen! (Maybe because I'm an engineer )
    I like the new Junkyard Mega Wars even better. The team captains are the same every week, and they pick their team from a pool of people qualified in various ways. Anyway, Junkyard wars is on TLC which is part of discovery channel. I've seen a British version of Junkyard wars on the European Discovery Channel. It might still be on (I moved to the US last year).

I love junkyard wars, those folks are amazingly talented.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Newbie
    i was forced to watch junkyard wars in metal work last year at skewl, and loved it, i hav taped every episode off fox since

Princess
    Glad to see that I'm not alone .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I love junkyard wars, those folks are amazingly talented.
    Bill and I agree again! *faints*
    What more, is that they also seem to have such fun - I'm almost envious .

Love the show when I catch it!
    Did anyone see the episode where they designed and built combines (grain harvesters)? I missed the ending and want to know how it ends up.

Catepillar might have gotten some good ideas from these guy's.

PSi
    I used to be really high on the show, i remember when it was just the british show...and they have really improved since. It was sooo boring back then.
    But the only thing is, if you noticed, its more of a scavanger hunt than it is build stuff out of junk. They have random "like new" items mysteriously put in the front seat of a car. ...but that's what producers to do shows like that. oh well.

They are looking for new teams for the next season here: http://www.junkyard-wars.com/
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread