+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Idol bans songs for round 3

American Idol bans songs for round 3

'American Idol' Bans Songs for Next Show
    11 minutes ago

NEW YORK - A number of songs will not be heard on the third edition of Fox's "American Idol."

People magazine reports contestants will not be allowed to sing certain songs from artists like Bruce Springsteen (news), Mariah Carey (news), Carly Simon (news) and James Taylor (news).

Fox won't give an official reason why, but a source says acquiring the television rights to the song can be difficult or expensive. Another song that's banned is "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys (news). Sharp-tongued judge Simon Cowell says there's a simple reason for banning that one: The judges have heard it a million times.

Birmingham, Ala., native Ruben Studdard, 24, is the second winner of the "American Idol" competition. His album "Soulful" is scheduled for release on Nov. 11. Kelly Clarkson (news) won it last year, and her debut album, "Thankful," released in April, has sold more than 1 million copies.

No Fallin' and no Mariah. I'm stoked.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    No Fallin'... That makes me so happy! Every other person sang that song. :rolleyes It was so very annoying. I like Carly Simon, though...

FORT Fogey
    Did they mention anything about Iron Maiden, i am still waiting for them to do an Iron Maiden Night.

I'm very pleased I won't be hearing Fallin' over and over again.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yes all the contestants singing Fallin' was ridiculous, but in retrospect that was a very good segment. Just wondering, do they only have to pay one royalty since nobody sang the song in its entirety or each time a part of the song was sung, that would become expensive then.

Poor American Idol, they make no money on this show, the rights to the music is so expensive. My heart is bleeding for them. I bet Kelly and Ruben had to sign pretty unreasonable contracts. You are the winner, now you are screwed since you have to take whatever we give you contract-wise. lol

While it was a bit redundant with so many choosing Fallin' as their audition song, it really did give you insight as to who could sing and who couldn't because you could compare them to each other.

The only time I was pleased to hear Fallin' was when Krisin Holt sang it, ran to thank the judges for advancing her to the next round, and fell over.

I thought that was wonderfully ironic.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    When are they going to ban "Over the Rainbow?" I must have heard that a million times too between AI and AJ...

I'm so sick of that song...

Where is that Whitney ban when you need it?? Mariah is out of the game so does that mean we'll hear double the amount of Whitney, goodness I hope not!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast