+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Idol bans songs for round 3

So this means I don't have to hear a bad rendition of Thunder Road or Born in the USA? So what's the downside?

I think I've watched almost every episode of AI and AI2 and don't ever remember hearing a Bruce song.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    Did they mention anything about Iron Maiden, i am still waiting for them to do an Iron Maiden Night.
    lolol

FORT Fogey
    It sounds so childish that they're "banning" those songs, but they DO have a point.....

I think it would be cool if they had some staff songwriters come up with original songs that the contestants could pick from and learn ( no other songs besides these would be allowed ). All contestants would recieve the songs at the same time so the learning time would be fair.

About 20 or 30 songs, so we could hear different takes on the same tunes and get familiar with them.

This would prove the contestant's ability to deal with and learn new material , which is a skill that singing stars need to have anyway.

Then the royalties would be easy and the songwriters would also have a chance to maybe get famous.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Where is that Whitney ban when you need it?? Mariah is out of the game so does that mean we'll hear double the amount of Whitney, goodness I hope not!
    I hope not too! I'm sick of hearing her songs and also Celine Dion songs.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    And no American the Beautiful. Please.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    You know what I just thought of?? I am afraid we're going to see A LOT of geeky guys come in doing "Build Me Up Bettercup". Oh, I cringe. AHHHHHHHHHH!

I think between Clay and Ryan (CI), the geek has been done. Anyone else trying for that will just look like an imitator. We'll be as tired of that gambit as we are of these banned songs. You would think with the contracts going to BMG/J/RCA, there would be some pull with them for songs to be used. Already getting antsy for AI3 to begin.
    Sing & dance the night away!

On Hiatus
    I get tired of them doing covers of anyone. It's too easy to copy the style. I'd rather see (with what little of the show I watch) some original style.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

need a lipgloss boost.. beezwax177's Avatar
    If I hear that effin' God Bless The USA song again on this show...I'm going to have to murder someone...I can't help it...

I have no problems with tossing Fallin'... I really don't like that song to begin with..doesn't help when it gets massacred time after time.

I don't know why these people aren't smart enough to sing something unique...there's a big big music world out there...
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast