+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trista Rehn, Ryan Sutter, and Clay Aiken on "Miss America" 09/20

Trista Rehn, Ryan Sutter, and Clay Aiken on "Miss America" 09/20

A LIVE VIEWING PARTY HOSTED BY "THE BACHELORETTE'S" TRISTA REHN AND RYAN SUTTER HIGHLIGHTS THE INNOVATIVE CHANGES ON ABC'S LIVE "MISS AMERICA" TELECAST SEPTEMBER 20

CHARTBUSTER CLAY AIKEN'S LIVE PERFORMANCE OF HIS HIT, "THIS IS THE NIGHT," ALSO HELPS TO KICKOFF THE SHOW

A New Casual Wear Competition and the First-Ever Announcement of Individual Competition Winners to the Viewing Audience Will Be Showcased

Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter, the soon-to-be married happy couple from ABC's romantic reality hit "The Bachelorette," host a viewing party for some of their closest friends, as they invite the television audience to guess along with them about the evening's competition, and "American Idol" singing sensation Clay Aiken dazzles with his hit single "This Is the Night," as the trio help kickoff ABC's live telecast of "Miss America," hosted by Emmy-winner Tom Bergeron, star of ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos," SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 (8:00-11:00 p.m., ET), from Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey, on the ABC Television Network.

A new casual wear competition and the first-ever announcements of talent, lifestyle and fitness in swimsuit, evening wear and casual wear competition winners to viewers only also highlight the innovative changes in this annual celebration of some of America's most intelligent, talented, and beautiful young women.

Rehn and Sutter -- just months away from taking their vows -- will host a fascinating get-together, inviting the television audience to a live viewing party in Boulder, Colorado, as they and a group of their close friends offer their candid comments throughout the telecast on the competition and who they think will win the coveted title, now held by Erika Harold of Urbana, Illinois. What does Trista think about a certain contestant's choice of evening wear? How does Ryan think his Fiancée measures up against this stellar group of women?

As previously announced, Clay Aiken, who rocketed up the charts with his hit single, "This Is the Night," will help kick off the telecast with a live performance of his signature song. Aiken's debut album on RCA Records will be released on October 14.

A new casual wear competition will be added to the evening's national finals, allowing the women to select an outfit that she would be comfortable wearing to a college class, football game, pop concert or an outing with friends. The casual look can feature slacks, pants, jeans, jeans skirts or similar outfits, which reflects the contestant's personality and style preference. No shorts, business skirts and blouses, workout attire or lounging pajamas will be allowed.

In another change, for the time ever, the winners of the separate talent, evening wear, casual wear and swim wear competitions will be revealed to the home viewing audience only, as they attempt to track the progress of their favorite contenders. Previously, neither the television audience nor the women who captured those contests were ever informed of their victories during the telecast. However, the audience inside Boardwalk Hall, including the judges, will be kept in the dark about those winners. Two additional commentators to be announced shortly will be keeping viewers apprised of the winners for each contest.

As in past years, the five finalists also will be tested with the Miss America quiz, which tests the women's awareness of issues relevant to Miss America and young women in today's world. The quiz will include questions from the areas of current events, U.S. history and U.S. government. The five contestants also will face a platform question about the woman's particular cause and a "fishbowl" question written by one of the other non-finalists.

George Bauer, president and CEO of the Miss America Organization, is an executive producer of ABC's live telecast of "Miss America." Bob Bain (ABC Family's "Dance Fever," "The Billboard Music Awards," "Britney Spears in Hawaii!," "Teen Choice Awards") returns for his third year as executive producer of the telecast. Alan Carter (ABC Family's "Dance Fever," CBS' "Star Search," "Country Music Television Video Music Awards") wil the director. (CLOSED-CAPTIONED) (Broadcast in stereo where available)

A TV parental guideline will be posted closer to airdate.

How does Ryan think his Fiancée measures up against this stellar group of women?
    I'm sorry, this made me laugh!

Sounds interesting tho. I would never watch Miss America, but might tune in to see Trista/Ryan and Clay ... hmm

Ugh, I hate pageants.

They give away scholarships, great, shame the possible recipients have to parade around in swimwear for a shot at one.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan
    Im so sick of Trista - This is just another reason not to watch this stupid show - Its gotten so bad lately esp with different hosts every year - and lame hosts at t hat... But enough of Trista - I personally find her annoying at best and I really dont want to see her face on screen anymore let alone her million dollar wedding... although this makes sense for the network to use this as a promotional vehicle for the female audience that watches this sort of thing....

Good for Clay to get visibility although its cheesy and ratings for these types of show have been going down hill in recent years.

Trista - Im hoping the clock is running out on your 15 minutes

Oooh I loooove Ryan! He was my favourite! And I think its obvious I looooove Clay too!

+ Reply to Thread