+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arlington: First Road 11/02/02

Sleeping with George W

Arlington: First Road 11/02/02

Doug's Room

Hilde's Room

I didn't see this show last night, but am going to try to catch the rerun today or sometime this week. They've not posted the second episode in the before/after gallery yet.

I must say, from the photos, both these rooms look absolutely Hildeous!

Re: Arlington: First Road 11/02/02

Hilde's "Tiffany Box" motif would make the Tiffany founders roll over in their graves...unbelievable!!!! Just beyond description. I could not BELIEVE the homeowner liked it.

I liked alot about Doug's room and would have liked to have seen what he was planning with the floor they wouldn't let him do. The colors did not go with the floor as it was IMO.

Thank you Eden for posting these links!

OMG... I didn't see the episode... the HO's liked it??????
    It looks AWFUL, and usually the web site gets photo's from the "best" angle.
    Ewwwwwww
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I was very surprised that the HO liked it considering the very hard time she gave Doug all episode.

I really didn't like it at all. She used all the HO's existing furniture so I really don't see where the $1000 went in that room.
    The colour is nothing like a Tiffany's box for a start, far too bright, and the "ribbon" looked like a two year old drew it (hmmm, I just insulted my boys )
    Even if you go high end and say Hilde spent $100 on paint, which I doubt she did and another $140ish on the sisal rug, where is the $760?

Thanks for posting the links to the pics Eden
    The second episode (it was actually shown first, was a rerun of Gen's log cabin basement and Vern's yellow kitchen with the black and white cushion on the curtain rod - brilliant room by Vern )
    I think you'll enjoy this episode.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by fluff
    Even if you go high end and say Hilde spent $100 on paint, which I doubt she did and another $140ish on the sisal rug, where is the $760?

All those weird lucite lights maybe?

With that dark 4 poster bed? Maybe in another room I would have liked that idea. I mean I'm all for eclectic design but GET REAL...like two distinctly different looks right next to each other which did NOT blend imo. YUK

Hmmm, I forgot about the lights in the tables, you're right, they would account for a fair chunk of cash.
    "That's Numberwang!"

PKeeper
    Is it me or did the clash between Doug and the HO's seem completely staged? I think this type of cheasiness really distracts from the show.

Originally posted by PKeeper
    Is it me or did the clash between Doug and the HO's seem completely staged? I think this type of cheasiness really distracts from the show.
    I thought so too. And I think the reason the rooms are getting more "dramatic"' and "bad" this season is that they are emphasizing it more as a "reality TV" show vs. a decorating show.

Sadly, alot of the viewership are people hoping for a bad room, a confrontation between HO's and designer, between HO's themselves at the end, between designers and carpenters etc. Much like some people go to the races to see crashes.

In this case, I think the popularity of this show might prove its downfall.

It was rather ridiculous. Doug seemed to be acting like a complete prima donna.
    His comment that the floor "wasn't that nice was insulting to the HO's.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I didn't watch the episode on TV, but going by these pictures, I'd say that I really liked Doug's room. Hilda/e/i/o/u's room was yet another unmitigated disaster. I don't think I've EVER seen a room of hers that I totally liked...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast