+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can someone find a room for me?

Can someone find a room for me?

I noticed fluff that you seem to be able to find links to the rooms with the "switch" from old to new...fantastic!

I'm interested in one of Vern's rooms. It is a bedroom where he upholstered all these squares in I think camel fabric and put them all over the wall behind the bed with some sconces on them.

Does anyone remember this room or know where to find a link to it?

Thanks.

Hi Katie

you can get all (well most) of the before and after images at the official TS site click here

Unfortunately they don't always photograph the rooms from the best angle to see what you're interested in.
    This is the room you were talking about though Vern's room
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by fluff
    Hi Katie

you can get all (well most) of the before and after images at the official TS site click here

Unfortunately they don't always photograph the rooms from the best angle to see what you're interested in.
    ]
    Thanks fluff! Yes that is the room! I wish I could see that wall though...I have been THINKING about trying at some point to do something like that in the alcove of my bedroom. It was just lovely.

Thanks for the links!

katie

It would be pretty easy to make too, a few sheets of MDF, some batting, fabric and a staple gun.

It was a very nice look that could be recreated at a very reasonable price.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It would be pretty easy to make too, a few sheets of MDF, some batting, fabric and a staple gun.

It was a very nice look that could be recreated at a very reasonable price.
    Oh, I just saw this...what is MDF???? And what do you think the little "buttons" to accent this were? Fabric covered buttons??? I can't tell by the photo...wish I could see this episode again to focus on that part of it. I was thinking this might be cool to cover my popcorn ceiling in my bedroom with! Something like this anyway...

Sorry I didn't reply sooner Katie, I didn't see your question.

MDF is medium density fibreboard. It's just chipboard made from pressed wood particles. It comes in a range of different thicknesses and is very cheap.
    You can even get your local Home Depot to cut the sheet to size for you for a small additional fee.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Oops, forgot to add...
    I think that Vern did use fabric covered buttons.
    You can get button kits in fabric stores, you might even be able to get them in larger Walmart stores.
    You just cut a circle of fabric, cover the button and push in the backing, very easy and again not expensive.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Oops, forgot to add...
    I think that Vern did use fabric covered buttons.
    You can get button kits in fabric stores, you might even be able to get them in larger Walmart stores.
    You just cut a circle of fabric, cover the button and push in the backing, very easy and again not expensive.
    Thanks fluff for the tips.

Who IS that hunk on your avatar???

Whoa!

It;s the incredibly beautiful Ethan Zohn the winner of Survivor Africa and my one true reality television love.

Gorgeous isn't he?
    "That's Numberwang!"

It;s the incredibly beautiful Ethan Zohn the winner of Survivor Africa and my one true reality television love.

Gorgeous isn't he?
    All I can say to THAT is....

raow!!!!!!!!!

I have never watched one episode of Survivor....now I realize I might be missing something!

+ Reply to Thread