+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I met Frank tonite!

I met Frank tonite!

He did a little hour long presentation at the Home Show I went to (Home show was a dud but Frank was GREAT!). He mostly just did Q and A but did a little mural painting demo that was "ok".

I could have just sat there and listened to him for hours. He is so engaging and has so many great stories. Positive about everyone on the show...very uplifting man.

I asked a question which was for him to tell the story of how he got the job. His answer was the longest of any question! He talked about being at a home show with his wife and doing a sort of impromptu demo for her and how a producer was milling around and sort of "discovered" him. That he did a couple other shows for H&G and then Discovery before landing on TS.

That his wife said it would never go beyond 6 weeks and none of them had any inclination it would turn into the success it has. His favorite designer is Hilde (YUK!) but he loves everyone and loves working with Ty. He only doesn't like the combo of Ty and Genevieve cuz he says Ty will "build her a mobile home and I can't even get him to make me a box". haha!

He was really super and gave a little motivational speech at the end about loving your family and yourself and putting it all before how any room "looks" and finding comfort and "youself" in your home.

It was really worth the entire price of admission to hear him speak. Sort of a Will Rogers type man.

Oh! And he said "I am NOT a designer" and that his home has ALL white walls!!!! And that Hilde is wealthy, wears 500 dollar Prada shoes to shoots and lives in a 350 year old farmhouse outside of Paris!

Sounds as though you really enjoyed yourself Katie.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wow! That sounds exciting. I would have loved to have been there to see him. I hate Hildie. She seems phoney.

Cool!
    I like Frank.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Frank seems like a great guy and a good man. He is a genius with the sketching pencil/paintbrush. If I were a fifty-millionaire, I might have him paint a ceiling for me a la Cappella Sistina
    Last edited by Tuluminous; 01-03-2003 at 12:33 AM.

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Tuluminous
    Frank seems like a great guy and a good man. He is a genius with the sketching pencil/paintbrush. If I were a fifty-millionaire, I might have him paint a ceiling for me a la Cappella Sistina
    Yeah ... but you'd end up with chickens and pigs included in it.

Exactly.
    Frank is a great guy who paints well but has zero skill as a designer.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Unless you want a real "folksy" kind of room. If that's the case, Frank's your guy.

Good Lord, if Hila/e/i/o/u tried to do a "folksy" room, she'd probably put a live cow in the room or something!

Sleeping with George W
    Wow ... Travis can come hang around in my garden anytime!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast