+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any reality show ideas left?

FORT Newbie

Are there any reality show ideas left?

I am curios as to how many more reality tv shows people can come up with. It was ok when there were like 5 to 10, now there must be like close to 70.

Yes, they haven't done a show with older people! Or have they? They should definetly do one in a retirement home! There must be so much drama in there! Who will win Bingo tonight? Ms. Morrisson has won the last two immunity... errr prizes! Will Mr. Carter step up to the plate tonight?

The question really is 'are there any good ideas for a reality show', left.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    The question really is 'are there any good ideas for a reality show', left.

Chris
    were there any good ideas to begin with?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    were there any good ideas to begin with?
    Hey, I've really enjoyed The Amazing Race & The Mole. And it's a shame that 2 of the best (IMHO) reality shows on the air, are struggling or are not coming back.

Chris

I miss The Mole!

My dad thinks they should do a Survivor with couples. I don't know about that though, b/c part of the stress of being on Survivor is being cut off from your loved ones for duration of the game.
    What do y'all think?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I've never watched The Mole before, so could someone tell me the concept of the game? It's not Big Brother/Survivor-ish is it?

The Mole = a group of people do various stunts/tasks, each for a set amount of money which goes in the "pot" for the winner. One of the contestants is secretly a "mole", working for the producers to sabotage the tasks and lose money for the pot. At the end of each episode, all contestants take a test on who the mole is, and whoever gets the most questions wrong is eliminated.

Questions are stuff like "is the mole male or female" and "at breakfast, what color shirt was the Mole wearing?"

Each contestant has a journal where they can keep as many notes as they want.

So basically, if someone screws up or acts fishy, are they the mole, or are they just bad?

And should you try to act Moley, just to get people to answer questions saying you're the mole, so that you can eliminate them?

I am sure there are more reality tv show ideas out there....whether they are good or not is another question.

I would argue that there are some good ones currently. Survivor is a good idea, and well executed. So is The Amazing Race. And I would say that TAR is superb in its execution. Eco Challenge. I also thought Last Comic Standing was a great idea, although kind of poorly executed in the end. The idea behind "I am funnier than ___" and the whole "you can save yourself if you can beat one of your challengers" idea was gold.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    The Mole = a group of people do various stunts/tasks, each for a set amount of money which goes in the "pot" for the winner. One of the contestants is secretly a "mole", working for the producers to sabotage the tasks and lose money for the pot. At the end of each episode, all contestants take a test on who the mole is, and whoever gets the most questions wrong is eliminated.

Questions are stuff like "is the mole male or female" and "at breakfast, what color shirt was the Mole wearing?"

Each contestant has a journal where they can keep as many notes as they want.

So basically, if someone screws up or acts fishy, are they the mole, or are they just bad?

And should you try to act Moley, just to get people to answer questions saying you're the mole, so that you can eliminate them?

Do you remember when they burned everyone's possessions or so they / we thought? That was funny

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast