+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any reality show ideas left?

Quote Originally Posted by dobolina
    I also thought Last Comic Standing was a great idea, although kind of poorly executed in the end. The idea behind "I am funnier than ___" and the whole "you can save yourself if you can beat one of your challengers" idea was gold.
    Hey, it introduced the world to Dave Mordal! It also introduced me to The Fort!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Do you remember when they burned everyone's possessions or so they / we thought? That was funny

Chris
    I stopped watching after that episode. Even though it was a joke, I thought it EXTREMELY rude and over-the-top for the producers to burn those peoples' private possessions.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I stopped watching after that episode. Even though it was a joke, I thought it EXTREMELY rude and over-the-top for the producers to burn those peoples' private possessions.
    Being a Christian, what bothered me the most, was that they burned Heather's Bible, and boy was she hot! Sorry!

Chris

Yes, that was way NOT cool for them to do that! I told my husband that there was NO WAY that they really did that (which they didn't), but still, the players believed they did & it caused a lot of undue upset & stress. Tacky, tacky... :nono
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Ah, The Mole sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    Ah, The Mole sounds interesting.
    It was a VERY interesting show. It had intrigue, deceit, physical challenges, smarts, drama, everything. But the best thing was, each person was responsible for their own destiny. They were not voted off by someone else that didn't like them.

There is going to be another Celebrity Mole this next season, but don't judge the quality of The Mole, on that. Anderson Cooper, who was the host of The Mole, added a lot to the series with his droll comments. The host of Celebrity Mole, Ahmad Rashad is okay, but doesn't add anything to the show.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Anderson Cooper, who was the host of The Mole, added a lot to the series with his droll comments.
    Must be another trait inherited from his famous mom.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I still like the idea of combining Combat Missions and TAR.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Must be another trait inherited from his famous mom.
    I was going to ask you who that was, but I cheated. I went on imdb.com and saw that Gloria Vanderbilt is his mother. I never knew that! Thanks for bringing that little bit of trivia to my attention.

Chris

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    One thing I think they should no longer use in any reality show...the setting of a giant mansion/house shown completely lit up inside as the sun sets outside. I know they do that to make it more luxurious, and I'm sure that it gives the camera crew more room to work, but it has become boring to watch.

I am enjoying The Restaurant concept fairly well, with the exception that they are focusing mainly on drama outside the kitchen and not on the particulars of the food prep, etc. I could see another series like this only set in another region of the country.

I'm tired of the elimination game aspect of lots of these shows. It works for the talent type shows like American Idol and Nashville Star, but I dislike the ones where contestant resort to manipulation and mean tricks to cut out the competition.

I would like to see more of the documentary type reality shows. They might be less exciting, but I bet they could still be made enjoyable and informative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12