+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frank coming to Phoenix!

Frank coming to Phoenix!

Hi all you other TS groupies!

I love this show. Vern is my favorite designer and I love Frank's personality although don't always "go" for his country designs.

Anyway, Frank will be coming to Phoenix this weekend doing demos at a Home and Garden Show! I'm going on Friday and hope to get a chance to meet him! I think he's a hoot!

Looking forward to sharing ideas with you all..........

Katie

Nice to meet you Katie

I love all the design shows and do really think Frank is a sweet guy, but ugh, his designs don't appeal to me at all.

I think I've only seen one Frank room that contained any elements I would have in my home.

Vern is my favourite too, he's a true professional.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by fluff
    Nice to meet you Katie

I think I've only seen one Frank room that contained any elements I would have in my home.

Vern is my favourite too, he's a true professional.
    Which room was that fluff?

I thought the Mexican Sarape kitchen was pretty cool...I liked that tin basketweave on that one wall.

Which one were you referring to?
    I get tired of all his "cutesy" stuff.
    Got a fav of Vern's?

It was the room he did in a suede effect paint finish.
    Dez did the "Dating Show" room on the same show.

I spend a lot of time with colours for my job, so I really like neutral tones for my home.

I can't get the TS official page to load right now, but when it does I'll grab the before and after and post it here.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It was the room he did in a suede effect paint finish.
    Dez did the "Dating Show" room on the same show.

I spend a lot of time with colours for my job, so I really like neutral tones for my home.

I can't get the TS official page to load right now, but when it does I'll grab the before and after and post it here.
    I would be interested in seeing that one as it sounds like one I have never seen...I didn't get in to TS until about a year ago or less.

Frank said the same thing about his home...that he works around so much color that he has all white walls and neutral environment which is very peaceful. It was really a great time meeting him.

Are you a designer of some kind if you don't mind me asking?
    I just painted 2 walls in my bedroom today a med. taupe color...I have a neopolitan bedroom someone pointed out...vanilla, strawberry and chocolate..haha..sounds weird but it's very pretty and feminine.

Yes I am a designer Katie, which makes me often very critical of the "designers" on this show as some of them have no formal design training.

The room I'm talking about is from the first series I think so that is probably why you haven't seen it.
    They do sometimes show the older ones (with Alex as host instead of Paige) in the afternoon slot on weekdays.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yes I am a designer Katie, which makes me often very critical of the "designers" on this show as some of them have no formal design training.
    Oh I can see where that would drive you nuts. I think they are more picked for their "entertainer" or "TV personality" qualities and for the drama aspect more than the design aspect I think...hmmmm....

I never can catch those weekend shows but will look for those rooms on the website!

Any idea of where I might find how Vern did those fabric upholstered squares???

+ Reply to Thread