+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News: BB Africa cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    Really? How unfair.
    Indeed, unfair...why don't we boycott BB until they show it 24/7 on TV!!
    A viewer's comment on the movie "From Justin To Kelly"--

I am in love with this Cheesy Musical!

The guiltiest pleasure of all. The plot? WHO CARES! This is a fun, light movie with two very talented leads-- talented vocally ofcourse. Their acting skills are good enough. My friends and I had so much fun at this movie, it was such a nice break from such amazing material as The Hours and The Pianist. Those are good movies, but all that depressing stuff can build up.

And if you missed the movie at the theaters, the DVD is coming out August 26!!

my friend got back from south africa and she said it was on 24/7-sheesh a BB channel

Quote Originally Posted by justin2kelly
    Indeed, unfair...why don't we boycott BB until they show it 24/7 on TV!!
    Oh my goodness, can you imagine the egos in the house if those guys thought they were being watched 24/7 on TV??

Court lifts Malawi's 'Big Brother' ban

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s926034.htm

Court lifts Malawi's 'Big Brother' ban

Last Update: Sunday, August 17, 2003. 7:37am (AEST)

Malawi's High Court has quashed a parliamentary ban on Big Brother Africa.

The reality TV show has raised eyebrows across the continent.

It is the latest of the worldwide Big Brother series, which takes groups of ordinary people, locks them in a house for months and broadcasts almost their every move.

Parliamentary officials said parents had complained about boozing and sexual shenanigans on the series and most Malawians felt it might encourage immoral behaviour.

But lawyer Noel Chalamanda said Parliament had overstepped its mandate when it banned the show on August 5.

He said it had denied Malawians their right to free information and participation in cultural issues of their choice.

Malawi Television director general Benson Tembo says the broadcaster will consult with its board before deciding whether to air the show, which has shocked many conservative viewers.

Malawi - a deeply conservative southern African country of 10.6 million people - had a representative in the Big Brother house in South Africa.

But viewers complained he was dull and evicted him six weeks ago. The show is now on day 83 out of 106.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12