+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oliver Heath

Oliver Heath

From BBC America

Oliver studied architecture then went to work designing and building sets for music videos and commercials. His background has helped him fit in wonderfully at Changing Rooms.

"That's Numberwang!"

Hmmm, not really my cup of tea.

He clearly benefits form having an architectural background but I don't find his designs to my taste.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Overall I like Oliver's designs, I just get stuck on the first one that I remember seeing him do. It was a "sense-ual" bedroom and he had Andy build a great platform bed but then put like 1000 eye hooks all around the border to it, added a faux fur cover, as well as some floor cleaning pads as a carpet in front of the fireplace. That one was really not my cup of tea!!

That's the one that sticks in my mind too Libra.
    It just seemed so impractical and I could imagine the owners got a few skewerings before they remembered the hooks were there.
    I find the Changing Rooms designers tend to make their rooms a little more "liveable" on the whole, but that room by Oliver had definate Hilde potential

Good to see you here Libra to the site
    "That's Numberwang!"

I found a picture of the room you and I were talking about Fluff...in fact the episode was on this afternoon so I looked it up on the BBCA website. For anyone interested in a very near "Hildie" room the before and afters are the bottom pictures on here: http://www.bbcamerica.com/genre/home...8_episode6.jsp

+ Reply to Thread