+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virginia: Gentle Heights Court 10/26/02

Sleeping with George W

Virginia: Gentle Heights Court 10/26/02

Kia's Room

Hilde's Room

Hilde must have been stolen by the Bodysnatchers and replicated, because she did an incredibly good job with this room ... and put everything in that the kid said he wanted! I've never seen two HOs happier on this show.

When my husband and I realized Hilde was doing the kids room, we were terrified for the poor kid!
    We were watching this one at midnight, so we fel asleep. I can't get the before and after to load for some reason, but I'm glad it turned out well.
    How did Kia's turn out? (I also cant get her's to load).
    The hanging bed sounded...um...interesting. I actually wanted to see how it turned out
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

JR.
    What a bargian, the 2 worst "designers" on the same show! And, they didn't disappoint.

Hildi's room wouldn't have been bad if she left out the rock climbing wall. The kid looked a little too young for that, it won't take long for him to fall off and crack his head. But, we all know about her concern for children :rolleyes

Kia is definitely trying to challenge Hildi. A hanging bed in the middle of the room? No nightstands? What a waste of space. And, she's 3 for 3 with the wallpaper borders I guess that's going to be her "thing".

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I was totally stunned by Hilde's room . It was so great for a kid. He's a bit young now, but hide the gear till he's older.

Kias I kind of liked . I was expecting 3 for 3 for the ugliest rooms but was surprised . I liked it visually, but they had a perfectly lovely sleigh bed that could have been utilised. The bed was good for show ,but not so good for go, if you know what I mean.
    Can you imagine trying to get out of it and not waking up the other person?
    Wallpaper border - I always think when she does it, it gives a certain Walmart flair to the room.........

Kia's room was more like a design student's final exam than a practical liveable space.

I liked the colours she chose, always onto a winner when you select colour wheel opposites, but the bed took up far too much space and I don't imagine for one second the HO's left it like that.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, I guess I'm in the minority on this one. I really didn't like Hilda/e/i/o/u's room very much at all. Kia's, on the other hand...I liked it. Though I agree, it'd be had to get in and out of that bed without waking the other person up...

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by lobeck
    Though I agree, it'd be had to get in and out of that bed without waking the other person up...
    Not to mention, um ... recreating in it!

JR.
    Originally posted by Eden
    Not to mention, um ... recreating in it!
    You'd have to strap yourself in.

Re: Virginia: Gentle Heights Court 10/26/02

Originally posted by Eden
    Kia's Room

Hilde's Room

Hilde must have been stolen by the Bodysnatchers and replicated, because she did an incredibly good job with this room ... and put everything in that the kid said he wanted! I've never seen two HOs happier on this show.
    Wow...thanks for posting the links to the rooms!!! Way to go!

Yeah those homeowners were really happy. I was surprised actually with the bed hanging from the ceiling one but she really seemed to like it!

:

Hilde has skillfully incorporated many elements that are potentially hazardous to children in her past designs, so the idea of her decorating a childs room didn't really sit well with me.
    I expected to see a loaded gun left on the bedside table, or at the very least a knife block.

She actually mananged to design a kid friendly room though.
    I guess the key to having her take the safety of children into consideratrion is to have her design a room for a child.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast