+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Real Roseanne Show" premieres August 6 on ABC Family

'The Real Roseanne Show' Premieres August 6

ROSEANNE BARR RETURNS TO ABC AS THE STAR OF A SHOW THAT COULD NEVER BE SCRIPTED - HER OWN LIFE!

"The Real Roseanne Show" Is Set to Premiere Wednesday, August 6

Comedienne Roseanne Barr returns to television as the star of her own reality show, "The Real Roseanne Show," which premieres WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 6, with two back-to-back 30-minute episodes (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

The series, which is executive-produced by Roseanne and Emmy Award-winning filmmaker R.J. Cutler, follows Roseanne from start to finish as she creates the concept for a cooking/lifestyle show - entitled "Domestic Goddess" -- and then embarks upon the treacherous journey to bring the show to life, from pitching to television networks, doing publicity, hiring, firing and more. And, as if creating a show weren't complicated enough, adding even more excitement to the process are the friends and family members she employs.

The cast of characters includes her son, Jake, and son-in-law, Jeff, who become her producers; her first ex-husband, Bill, and his current wife, Becky, who works as Roseanne's personal assistant; Drew, the one writer whom she's never fired; and best friend/confidante/makeup artist Shannon. As this motley crew move Roseanne's life, their outrageous interactions create a three-ring circus that P.T. Barnum couldn't have dreamed up. Her travels take her to New Orleans for a Mardi Gras reunion with "Roseanne" co-star John Goodman, and she also does the talk-show rounds, visiting Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Kimmel. She even has a meeting with her "Domestic Goddess" executive producer in her bed, because....well, why not? But amidst the chaos and calamity, viewers will also get to see Roseanne the Mom, as she interacts daily with all of her children, makes sure the kitchen pantry is full, and has a poignant visit with the daughter she gave up for adoption.

The 13 half-hour episodes of "The Real Roseanne Show" will air in pairs over seven Wednesdays (9:00-9:30 and 9:30-10:00 p.m., ET), beginning August 6. Upon the completion of the run of "The Real Roseanne," viewers can watch the actual cooking show, "Domestic Goddess," as it begins its run on the ABC Family cable channel.

Roseanne reigned as the queen of primetime television for nine years with her eponymous series that changed the way American families were defined on television. "Roseanne" debuted on ABC on October 18, 1988, and within a year became the No.-1 show on television. She and the show received numerous awards and honors, including an Emmy, two Golden Globes, two American Comedy Awards, six People's Choice Awards, a Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award and a GLAAD Media Award.

Roseanne Barr and R.J. Cutler (Emmy Award-winning reality series, "American High," and Oscar-nominated documentary, "The War Room") are the executive producers of the ABC Television Network's "The Real Roseanne Show." The show is produced by Actual Reality Pictures in association with Full Moon & High Tide Productions. Mark Cowen is co-executive producer.

ya know, I thought she was funny.... 15 years ago, or whenever she did her standup.

I'm really over her though.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'll give it a chance... she really has a realness about her that I really like more so than her humour.

I was a diehard Roseanne fan and I swear to God, I have 15 tapes FULL of Roseanne episodes. My favourite show ever.

But I'm more of a fan of her show than her, per se. I didn't really like her talk show... it was a bit out there for my tastes.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

"The Real Roseanne Show" premieres August 6 on ABC Family

PREMIERE

ROSEANNE BARR, ONE OF TELEVISION'S MOST OUTRAGEOUS PERSONALITIES, RETURNS TO PRIMETIME WITH A NEW REALITY PROGRAM, ON "THE REAL ROSEANNE SHOW," PREMIERING WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 6, WITH TWO BACK-TO-BACK EPISODES

Marking Roseanne Barr's return to primetime television, "The Real Roseanne Show" premieres with two back-to-back episodes on WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 6. The first episode, "Roseanne Unbarred," airs from 9:00-9:30 p.m., ET, and episode #2, "Kinder, Gentler, Hungrier," airs from 9:30-10:00 p.m., ET, on the ABC Television Network. Throughout its run, the show will air two episodes, back-to-back on Wednesdays, filling the 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET, hour.

The series, which is executive-produced by Roseanne and Emmy Award-winning filmmaker R.J.Cutler, follows Roseanne from start to finish as she creates the concept for a cooking/lifestyle show - entitled "Domestic Goddess" -- and then embarks upon the treacherous journey to bring the show to life, from pitching television networks, to hiring, firing and more. And as if creating a show weren't complicated enough, adding even more excitement to the process are the friends and family members she employs.

Throughout the process, Roseanne struggles to keep a lid on her frustrations and makes an effort to be more clear and more kind to those around her. She aims to deal professionally in a family business -- which just happens to be show business.

Following are descriptions of the premiere episodes:

* "ROSEANNE UNBARRED" - Follow comedienne Roseanne Barr as she makes the decision to go back to work, in particular as she plots her return to television... and see if she can stick to her resolve to be a kinder and gentler version of her hilarious self. She assembles her unique creative team, which includes Drew, the one writer she's never fired; Jake, her son; Jeff, her son-in-law; Johnny, her new boyfriend; and Reza, her manager, as they head down the rocky road of development and pitching.

They come up with the idea of a cooking - or "eating" - show, but despite her status as a comedic superstar, Roseanne shows genuine anxiety and fear that her agency and the networks will not be happy to have her back. As tension mounts, she tries to stick to her resolve of presenting a kinder, gentler version of Roseanne to the world, but when you're Roseanne, even inner peace is fraught with conflict.

* "KINDER, GENTLER, HUNGRIER" -- Having successfully pitched "The Domestic Goddess Hour" to the agents at UTA, Roseanne must find an executive producer. In an effort to not repeat her record of constantly firing EPs, she not only conducts semi-traditional interviews (that end with having the candidate try her hot sauce recipe), but also gets the input of a Kabbalic, face-reading rabbi.

Roseanne also tries to keep her new relationship - "It's like high school" -- with Johnny on track, despite the concerns of her children.

Roseanne Barr and R.J. Cutler (Emmy Award-winning reality series, "American High," and Oscar-nominated documentary, "The War Room") are the executive producers of the ABC Television Network's "The Real Roseanne Show." The show is produced by Actual Reality Pictures in association with Full Moon & High Tide Productions.

A TV parental guideline will be posted closer to airdate.

Wow, I was totally wrong. I am about 3/4 of the way through the first show and I LOVE it. The messed up family makes the Osbornes look like the Osmonds! Good TV!
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

Two thumbs up! I was totally wrong about this show. If they keep it this good they will earn a real link to a real page on the front of the site. I would reccomend this show to anyone!
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

I am not that impressed with the show.

I caught bits and pieces of the show in between BB and it kept my interest enough to flip between them.

It was interesting and yet there was some humour with her son and son-in-law.

Might not be too bad.

BTW - I caught the show tonight on ABC, not ABC Family, like it was originally believed to air.

Yes, it was on the real ABC here as well.

Who is that woman with the long blonde hair?She is getting on my nerves,but I'm liking the show.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast