+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Real Roseanne Show" premieres August 6 on ABC Family

Aw, I'm tearing up over here - stebo actually likes a reality show!

I hope it's a big hit.

I caught a little of it when her sons were trying to find the meeting place. Then they all met to get representation for a cooking show idea.

Sorry Roseanne fans. I just did not like it. I did enjoy her stand up on cable and the Rosanne show. I will say that although she might have gained some weight, her face looked the best that I can recall.

I'm soooo glad this show is being done by R.J. Cutler! It's a real reality show. No phony product placements, no obviously staged events, genuinely colorful characters. Say what you will about Roseanne, she knows quality and I'll bet she insists that this be authentic, even if it makes her look bad.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Newbie
    I think it's time for one of the moderators to create "The Real Roseanne" forum. Who's with me?

Aw, I'm tearing up over here - stebo actually likes a reality show!
    Oh John, what's up with the dig? I like almost all reality shows. It is only the Restaurant that drives me crazy! And now you can see why! Was I wrong?

But this is a RR forum so we will keep it on her. I think that this show deserves a forum just as much as half the series on the main page. But it is going to take more than just the 5 or 6 of us to demand it so get your friends over here and start the conversations! Then again, I am a Greenlight fan and I can't get more than 10 people to read my recaps!
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

Sorry, Stebo, I could swear I've heard you claim that you dislike reality TV...

If there's interest in the show, especially now that the show has been moved from ABC Family to regular ABC, we will have a forum for it.

I watched the premiere and didn't care for it. But I'll give it one more chance because I loved the original "Roseanne" show so much.

Is this supposed to be a parody of sorts? If Roseanne actually does the "Domestic Goddess" show I would watch it.

There really will be a new Roseanne show "Domestic Goddess".

Thanks, John.

ROSEANNE ASSEMBLES HER TEAM OF PRODUCERS AND TRIES TO SELL HER SHOW TO THE NETWORKS, ON "THE REAL ROSEANNE SHOW"

"What's the Pitch?" -- Roseanne has hired Ted as executive producer of the cooking show. With the concept still not fully developed, she and her team travel to New York to pitch the show to Court TV and the Food Network, but their reception is less than enthusiastic. While the creative team regroups, Roseanne takes her psychiatrist's advice and hits the streets of Manhattan for some retail therapy, on "The Real Roseanne Show," airing WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 13 (9:00-9:30 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Lackeys and Drones" - Back home in L.A., Roseanne and her team lament the New York trip. They head on to ABC Family -- with doughnuts in hand - to try their luck again. The meeting is successful and garners a 13-episode order! However, as the project moves forward, producers Jeff and Jake disagree with executive producer Ted over concept and staffing decisions, on "The Real Roseanne Show," airing WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 13 (9:30-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Roseanne Barr and R.J. Cutler (Emmy Award-winning reality series "American High" and Oscar-nominated documentary, "The War Room") are the executive producers of the ABC Television Network's "The Real Roseanne Show." The show is produced by Actual Reality Pictures in association with Full Moon & High Tide Productions.

These programs carry a TV-PG,D,L parental guideline.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast