+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fluff

Thread: Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen

Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen

From the BBC America site.

Laurence originally trained as a fine artist in London before turning to the world of interiors. He began by painting murals but his repertoire now ranges from sumptuous theaters and millionaire houses to bedrooms and kitchens designed on a 500 budget for Changing Rooms.

Oh dear.
    This room had the female homeowner is tears.
    She gave Laurence an empty shell and didn't like anything that he did.
    They literally gutted the room the very next day.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Some Laurence rooms:

Mreid likes this.
    "That's Numberwang!"

One of my favorite LLB rooms was the hot pink/white/zebra living room that the couple absolutely hated (it's always titled "Controversial Design" when it plays). It was even better that they made him revisit them on a special later to see how they had redone the room after he left. The couple from that show sort of deserved what they got though after doing EVERYTHING that their friends didn't want done to their basement turning it purple/industrial (just a shame the friends ended up liking it in the end). I honestly liked Laurence's work on that room and loved even more to watch him squirm when they made him revisit it....he's my favorite CR designer and can come over to my house any time!!

I hated that design, but I also didn't like that coule so the fact they didn't like it was a cause of amusement to me (I realise that sounded very evil )

I think LLB did what he thought they would like, using all the other bright colours they had painted rooms in their house as his point of reference.
    They showed the couples' finished room, after they had decorated it themselves in a magazine, they went totally neutral.
    How on earth was LLB supposed to anticipate that was hat they wanted considering every other room had been bathed in such vivid colour?
    "That's Numberwang!"

I absolutely LOVE that white and blue dining room!
    The one photo with the piano in it... well you can't see the piano, but he painted a small picture on it, it was beautiful. He really is a talented artist
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread