+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Anna Nicole Show' Gets 2nd Season

'Anna Nicole Show' Gets 2nd Season

From the Austin American-Statesman:

LOS ANGELES (AP)--E! Entertainment Television has ordered a second helping of ``The Anna Nicole Show.''

The reality series, which follows Anna Nicole Smith's daily misadventures, will come back for a second season, the cable channel announced Thursday.

``Viewers are captivated by Anna Nicole's surreal world,'' said Mark Sonnenberg, E!'s executive vice president for entertainment. ``They are rooting for her to turn her life around, get back into shape and revitalize her love life. What's in store next for Anna Nicole remains to be seen.''

Production on 13 more episodes begins next month, with new shows scheduled to begin airing in early 2003. The first season wraps up on Nov. 3.

``The Anna Nicole Show'' debuted in August with the highest ratings ever for an E! program. Since then, its numbers have slipped.

Cameras follow the 34-year-old former Playboy playmate and Guess? jeans model as she spars with her lawyer, pals around with her personal assistant and interior decorator, and coos at her poodle, Sugar Pie.

Smith spent seven years in a battle over the estate of her late oil tycoon husband, J. Howard Marshall, who died in 1995 at 90. In March, she won an $88 million judgment, which Marshall's son, E. Pierce Marshall, is appealing.

What's in store next for Anna Nicole remains to be seen.
    I can pretty much guess what's in store next for ANS.

She gets stoned, she buys $2300 worth of groceries, and eats herself to death while speaking nonsensical babble in a helium-like voice.

I thought it was just me, she looks like she is high on heroweeen in her shows. Who is she shacking up with that she gets a second season????? That's what I'd like to know.

Well, she DID get $88 million. Maybe she's paying E! to air her show...

This show is practically unwatchable. I endured one full episode & then part of another episode, but then had to turn it off. I couldn't take it anymore. The show is ridiculous, she's ridiculous; it's a boring show. It's so bad that you can't even make fun of it!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I totally agree with you, Holly. I only catch glimpses of it when I am flipping through the channels or catch that rediculous commercial of her sitting in the back of the stretch limosene where the girl sitting next to her grabs her chest! Outrageously stupid television if you ask me.

I think it's so funny. I can't help but laugh at...her way of living!

I'm surprisedd this got another season as I didn't think it had been much of a success
    "That's Numberwang!"

FrankMartin
    YAY! More of Bobby Trendy!!

agentcarver
    I know why:

It's probably really cheap and easy to produce for the network. (Well... Except her 88 Million, that is...)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast