+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Weird Weekends" w/Louis Theroux's - used to be on Bravo

"Weird Weekends" w/Louis Theroux's - used to be on Bravo

I absolutely loved, loved, loved, (did I say I loved it?) "Weird Weekends" on Bravo! Loved it!

Anyone else? Was Louis Theroux not the coolest person ever?

I really want to get the entire series on video, BUT, the problem is that they only sell them in England. Okay...that's fine, I'll pay international shipping. BUT not only do they only sell them in England, but they're in PAL format, and from what I understand, VCR's in the United States are all NTSC format.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Oh..sad...can't believe no one shares my love of this show! Must be why it's off the air (although it was a British show). Hmmm...no one? Bueller? Not even Bravofan? *sigh* I found out the answer to my question anyway...i.e. it's very expensive to convert one format of VHS to another format....*sigh*

To be cried in form of "Stella!" from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" (and fitting since I'm wearing a dirty white T-shirt right now ala Brando):

"Louis!! LOUIS!!! Loouuuiiiis!!" *strangled cries with fist in air*
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

I've never heard of it, Shazzer. What's it about? (It's early Sunday morning; I'm too lazy to look it up. )

This man, Louis, is the host of this semi-documentary-style show, imported from Britain. He goes out and finds different odd ("weird") segments of society and does an hour long hilarious "documentary" of sorts on it.

Several of his topics have included:
    People who worship muscles (people who pay other people to flex in front of them so that they can touch the muscles and rub oil into the muscles)

People who travel to India for various off-the-beaten-path spiritual adventures

Hard-core, dirty-south ganster rappers, all underground

American Men who travel to Thailand to meet wives

And so many others. And he has such a hilarious way of narrating the whole adventure, and the array of characters that make up each different obsession/pursuit. He's never condescending to the subjects of the movies, and is always very respectful of people's values, even though he does put a humorous slant on things, but it's never at the expense of an individual. Very, very, entertaining. And he's fearless. Some of the situations he's gotten in...whew...I feared for him. I sadly discovered this show in it's rerun stage, during the last 4 episodes or so before it went off the air, never to be shown again.

+ Reply to Thread