+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vern Yip

Vern Yip

From the official site

Vern Yip has characterized himself as the classic overachiever. Not only is Vern a talented interior designer, he's also an accomplished architect. His award-winning work can be seen at trendy Altanta hot spots such as the Fusebox Restaurant and DuexPlex Bistro. His unique vision for creating dynamic spaces won him the Southeast Designer of the Year award last year. When not knocking down walls on Trading Spaces, he lives and works in Atlanta, where he runs his own design company.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I so love Vern. He does such great rooms. The first one I've seen of his work in the new season??? Vern toile ? I realize that the HO had it through the house ,and yes I liked the kitchen ,but it was so not Vern. Has everyone gone mad this season. Vern is such a nice guy, He probably felt he had to Play Laurie.

edited for bad spelling

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar
    Where is Vern? I miss him? I just can't get into the "new" designers.
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

702, do you think edward is great? i love vern but i would choose edward over vern any day.

laurie is another winner in my book except when she put placemats on the wall. what a disaster that was.

genevieve = winner, on the same level as vern and edward

frank is so whimsical. he's not for me. doug and hildi are interchangeable, again not for me. kia is just bad. christy goes overboard on color. barry is good but there's room for improvement
    Last edited by ANTMrox; 03-23-2004 at 09:19 AM.

Just read this on the TLC message boards. I guess Vern will have his own show on NBC called Design Intervention. You can go to his web site www.vernyip.com and apply.

Date: 02-24-04 17:59

Hey Folks!

I hope all has been well with everyone here! I've been really busy with the book and traveling to tape for the "Oprah" show and making appearances.

As many of you have already suspected, once the last three episodes I taped for Season Four air, I will no longer be part of future "Trading Spaces" episodes. Season Four is my last season with the show, and its been a true blast to be part of that organization. I am really craving new creative challenges, and I've found an amazing one with the NBC family.

My new show on NBC is called "Design Intervention" (tentative title) and we are now looking for dynamic homeowners who have a great story to tell about their incomplete home renovations, additions and attempts to make their lives better through their physical environment!

Unlike "Trading Spaces," the new show will focus on more than just one room. We are looking at the entire house, both inside and out, for dramatic entire home transformations!

Please check out the front page of my site to direct you to www.nbc.com for an application if you think we may be able to help you out and tell your story!

Thanks to everyone for sticking with me through everything!

You All Truly Rock!

Vern

I hope you like my site!!

From Vern's web site. Loks like he is all done with Trading Spaces

eny
    FORT Fogey
    What sad news. I agree the new designers can't hold a scented candle to Vern. I can only think of one room in his run on the show I didn't care for.

Thanks for posting that info, guys. I just realized after reading this thread that there has been a direct correlation between my decline in watching TS and Vern's disappearance. He was my favorite designer, I just lost all interest without him there.

I think it's great that he's getting his own show. Of all the designers, I think he's one of the only ones who could carry a series all by himself. And what a cute title, "Design Intervention". I hope they keep it that way.

Woohoo, yay for Vern!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

thank you buckeyegal

another show for me to watch. i love vern's designs. i really don't care for the new designers for the most part, except barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast