+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edward Walker

Edward Walker

From the official site

Edward Walker jokes that he's not only a master designer, but a master "McGyver"! "Give me some paint, fabric and wood and I can recreate the Taj Mahal." Okay, maybe not, but certainly a room any homeowner would love. Edward prides himself on his versatility and ability to work with any materials within any budget. Talents he's built a career upon while designing couture gowns in New York City, and fanciful interiors in the Carolinas. While on set for Trading Spaces, Edward enjoys the challenges of limited time and budget. "I like to mix metropolitan chic with southern sensibilities. It combines the excitement of the city with the comfort of childhood." No surprise to find that Edward holds a degree from the Fashion Institute of Technology in Manhattan. He recently relocated back home to North Carolina where he's built a design house in Raleigh, specializing in exclusive wedding gowns as well as personalized interiors.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Very nice guy. Like Doug on vallium as he has the same take on things, but laid back and calm. I liked the deco bedroom except for the zebra . And too funny when both Tye and him realized at the last minute, you can't put something eight feet tall,in a place with eight foot ceilings. A Homer DOH award for that one.

He's very, very gay. I liked his room, it was nice.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    A Gay designer NO.......Well I thought that too, he has a wedding ring on, so he's either married or permanently partnered.Doesn't matter , He'll fit in fine. Anythings better than that rumor of DEZ's return.

I'll never be a fan of animal print (just not my cup of tea).
    He seemed nice enough though and I agree Eny, anyone that keep Dez-aster off our screens is welcome.

He wasn't all that entertaining to watch or listen to, but on the whole, I liked his design last week. He seemed a little nervous, but I would gladly watch him again. I would rather see a good designer than an entertaining one, and who knows...he will probably loosen up in time.

miamomma
    It seemed to me that Ty was being rather short with him.
    His design was pretty good. The armoire and the closet doors weren't my style. I did like the wall sconces he created and the dresser top matching.
    Not bad for his 'first' room. And such a tiny room it appeared.

Well, I didn't see his first room
    I do wonder though if he would actually, gasp, install a ceiling fan:
    "I like to mix metropolitan chic with southern sensibilities.
    Hmmmm, I know there is a huge dislike of ceiling fans in the design world, and although I think mine are butt ugly I LOVE THAT THEY MOVE AIR!!!!!

whew........ sorry about that
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

We actually managed to find a really cool ceiling fan for our kitchen. It's very modern looking, I just love it. I've got to have that moving air too Cali. Our fan looks a lot like this...
    Attached Images Attached Images

oohhhhh, I like it!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast