+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dance Fever

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    I didn't like the way the judging was done after everyone was through. I would have been more interested if they were judged after each performance.

They were judged after each performance.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I must have missed something then. I didn't see the scores until all of the group had performed. Maybe they judged them but didn't announce the scores till the end?? I mean the numerical scores, not the comments.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Fan
    The tap dancer was incredible!!! But I think they picked the right group.
    I love that Jamie!!!!!

I caught the rerun from earlier this week. There was the "disco" guy in the yellow pants. He talked as if he was a good dancer. He starts to move and WTF was he doing? I literally was LOL! Not even the judges knew what to make of it. He might be a good dancer, but the choreography he chose was not the best. When he started to play act at the beginning of At the Copa, I thought he was building up to something big, but it stayed the same. They did have some great dancers mixed in with the hopefuls.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I caught the rerun from earlier this week. There was the "disco" guy in the yellow pants. He talked as if he was a good dancer. He starts to move and WTF was he doing? I literally was LOL! Not even the judges knew what to make of it. He might be a good dancer, but the choreography he chose was not the best. When he started to play act at the beginning of At the Copa, I thought he was building up to something big, but it stayed the same. They did have some great dancers mixed in with the hopefuls.

I think they hire one of these guys for each show as a joke. There was one on tonight too with a bowtie. All of the judges laugh and play along while they are performing and then pretend to judge them logically. I think they just added that to the show for a laugh.

FORT Fan
    B Boy Crumbs was amazing!!

I just don't think Jamie knows how to judge the technique of couples dancing, because the first couple tonihgt, (that are really a couple), were very good.
    Last edited by poeticjustice; 07-27-2003 at 11:31 PM.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    B Boy Crumbs was very good but seemed a little conceited. I really enjoyed his dancing but wish he would change his attitude.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Fan
    Yeah! The dance-off is on tonight! Can't wait!

Poetic Justice, I almost forgot! (Sometimes I just watch the rerun and miss the original showing). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    B Boy Crumbs was very good but seemed a little conceited. I really enjoyed his dancing but wish he would change his attitude.
    It's a shame to see someone act like that. He's really talented, but he's so conceited that I didn't want him to win.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticjustice
    I just don't think Jamie knows how to judge the technique of couples dancing, because the first couple tonihgt, (that are really a couple), were very good.
    I agree, I don't think it's fair not to have a judge on the show that knows a lot about partner dancing. Jamie always says the same thing to couples, that the girl is a lot stronger than the guy. In some cases this has been painfully obvious, but there have been some really good couples on there, and it seems like the judges don't know what to say to them.

I can't wait until the wild card show, I want to see Jared, the tap dancer again, he was great

I'm a little disappointed that there's mostly hip hop and partner dancing on the show. I really want to see some more ballet or lyrical dancers on the show, I wasn't really impressed with the lyrical dancer that was on the show. He seemed to lack originality and the song and the choreography just seemed wrong to me. He didn't seem very connected to the music, which is odd for lyrical. Lyrical dances are all about emotion, and I didn't see a lot of it. I also don't understand how some of these dancers are being catagorized. I've seen quite a few that are called "Modern Jazz" of "Modern Freestyle" dancers, but they aren't modern dancers, they're jazz or hip-hop dancers. I've only seen one group(the four girls) that were doing modern. I was disappointed that they didn't go farther in the competition, I really liked them.

I also don't like the camera angles. I don't understand why they show the judges during a performance, I kinda want to see the dancing. And why did they show some of Jared's performance from the waist-up?

Overall, I think it's a good show. I think there are some really talented dancers on the show. I can't wait until it comes on tonight.
    Val

"Well time slips away/And leaves you with nothin' Mister/But boring stories of/Glory Days, Well they'll pass you by/Glory Days, In the wink of a young girl's eye/Glory Days, Glory Days..."~The Boss

" Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policeman, always alert, always tense, but see, policeman don't have to be beautiful at the same time." ~George Balanchine

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion." ~Martha Graham

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast