+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Boundaries

No Boundaries

I just channel surfed into an interesting looking program called No Boundaries on the Outdoor Life Network. I've only been watching for 20 minutes but it looks quite interesting. Here's a rundown from the web site
    http://www.noboundariestv.com

"On a remarkable journey of mind, body and spirit, this inspirational new series follows a group of extreme adventurers on a life-changing trek to the Arctic Circle as they band together against the elemental forces of nature.

Guided by extreme sports champion Troy Hartman ("Senseless Acts of Video") as the show's host, these 15 brave souls will travel over 2,000 miles through spectacular wilderness and breathtaking scenery on an empowering 30-day journey about teamwork, leadership and adventure. Ranging in age from 19 to 53 and from varying walks of life, they must instantly band together, rely on one another and work swiftly towards a common goal.

Kicking off on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, the expedition will make its way north across some of North America?s most rugged terrain to the picturesque vistas of the Yukon and into the Arctic Circle. Sometimes the group will travel by fairly conventional means, such as commercial fishing boat, seaplane, racing yacht or llama. Other days, it will not be so easy as they rock climb, canoe along raging interior waterways, traverse fast-moving river waters on slippery logs, rappel down jagged cliffs into canyon gorges, mountain bike, cross vast river canyons suspended by cables, kayak above the tree line among alpine glaciers, river raft through treacherous rapids, navigate old mining tunnels, ice climb, hike along the ocean coastline and bushwhack through dense forests.

Every 48 hours, the group will designate a new leader. In addition to guiding the team through the day?s amazing travels, the man or woman in charge must make the difficult decision of what one person will not continue on the expedition. Ultimately, only the most resourceful leader will prevail to claim the Grand Prize of $100,000 and a Ford Explorer Sport Trac."

What little I've seen it's almost like a merged Survivor with challenges for rewards.

Has anyone else been watching this?

If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, NB is probably being re-run on the OLN station, because it originally aired somewhere else.

The first few episodes aired here in the staes on WB... I think, I guess it could have been UPN
    They yanked it here after a few shows though.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I get the OLN (Outdoor Life network), so I could conceivably watch it. Funny, I get that, but no MTV, Comedy Central, or E!

:crybaby

They continued to show it on tv in Canada.
    I actually rather enjoyed it towards the end.
    I didn't really like the idea of booting a person mid show though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff - did the one you watch start out on Vancouver Island? This particular one did. I checked the website and it appears that all of the episodes are being shown on Outdoor Life Network. It's also nice to see Canadian competitors. I think I read somewhere that Survivor may open to Canadian contestants in the future.

Yes it did Mrs JC.
    I can remember quite a lot about it.
    Among the contestants were, Ina, Matt, Eli, Kelly, Allen, Rosie, Sharon, Todd, John, Dustin, Stephanie and Jill.
    I can picture the others but can't recall their names.

It's a good show, I think you'll enjoy it.

It is good news that Canadian contestants might be able to compete in Survivor (particularly with the current exchange rate )
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm the Queen, Thats Why! tuff_cookie's Avatar
    I watched the hole series. Ok show. I enjoyed it. It was more "real" than the other shows. It was Jill who won if I'm correct? Not sure though. Eli and Ina in the end as well??
    from,

one TUFF COOKIE

Excited for Amazing Race 5!!
    Addicted to For Love Or Money :S

+ Reply to Thread