+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laurie Hickson Smith

Laurie Hickson Smith

From the official sote

Elegant, but eclectic" is how Laurie Hickson-Smith described her designs when she arrived on set for Trading Spaces. Laurie uses color and vibrancy to create new spaces on a limited budget and always does so with style and grace and sometimes a bit of perspiration! Trained in New York, she returned to her Southern roots and has settled in Jackson, Miss., with her husband.

Laurie goes caramel

I really liked just about everything about this room, which has become rare for a Laurie room.

Again she was working in a palatte that suited her own colouring, but I think she did a great job.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Laurie Likes Moldy Pumpkins

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Laurie goes caramel

EXCERPT:

Again she was working in a palatte that suited her own colouring, but I think she did a great job.

I agree with you. This is her main fault: she does almost every room in the exact same palette of moldy pumpkin colors (which do, in fact, flatter her own red hair): fungal green, spoiled mustard, and rotting pumpkin.

I recall a blue-and-white room she did, just once, and it was quite nice (though she pitched a hissy at the neighbors, who didn't do their homework correctly).

I'm sick of the mold-and-slime color schemes. They were boring in the 1970's, and they're really boring now.

+ Reply to Thread