+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Genevieve Gorder

Genevieve Gorder

From the official site

Minneapolis born, but internationally trained designer Genevieve Gorder, made her way to Trading Spaces after many years of schooling, travel and hard work.

"I originally thought that I was going to become an ambassador (giggle), it wasn't until my second year at Lewis & Clark College that I realized I was supposed to be a designer. It just found me, I just knew. It's like when people tell you about how they met their spouse for the first time, and within minutes "they just knew", it was like that for me with design. Maybe that's why I'm in no rush to get married (giggle again). Within months, I was living in Manhattan, working as a designer at MTV and finishing my education at the School of Visual Arts ... I think this was all by the ripe old age of 20.

Following her graduation with a degree in graphic/3D design, Genevieve has had her work exhibited and published all over the world. After working in design studios in Amsterdam and Barcelona, she returned to the U.S. and joined forces with Duffy Design, NYC.

"Every job I've had in the design world, I've been fortunate enough to be placed with amazing groups of people. The camaraderie and design intensity at Duffy, changed my life and shaped my entire design process. I like to think that my experience there taught me the true sense of the word "team", this has helped me so much in my work with Trading Spaces."

As the lone designer with a graphics background, Genevieve has translated her experiences into interiors through experimental mediums, photography,and most importantly a lot of laughter.

Genevieve currently resides in Manhattan. When not working on the show, she works through her own studio double-g. You can find her work just about anywhere, from a bottle of Tanqueray 10, a line of blue jeans set to launch in the fall, to the shelves of Barney's where you'll find a line of her illustrated greeting cards. When she's not working (which is rare), you're most likely to find her at an airport, off on her next adventure. We hear Cuba and Brazil are next in line. Stay tuned to see a room inspired from these hot spots shortly.

It bugs me how Gen nearly always wears wide belts.
    All they do is draw the eye to her waist and stomach which are her thickest parts.
    I don't think this look is very flattering to her.
    "That's Numberwang!"

A kitchen by Gen

I like the green colour she chose but the room sees too light now.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread