+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frank Bielec

Frank Bielec

From the official site

Frank Bielec says he's a "work in progress." He's got degrees in art and has held a variety of jobs, ranging from elementary school teacher to florist. When he's not painting murals on Trading Spaces, he's involved with Mosey 'N Me, an art and needlecraft company he runs with his wife, Judy. His television experience includes appearances on a variety of craft and how-to shows, as well as hosting Your Home Studio for TNN. Frank and Judy live in Texas.

Wtf?

What exactly is that thing on the wall?
    I know it's supposed to be a sculpture but please, does he think they'll leave that up?

Not quite as twee as Frank's rooms usually are though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    The sculpture (if you can call it that) wasn't too bad until he insisted on painting all the little squares and dots and electrical outlets on it. Blech. The son seemed soooooo happy that the old crappy decor was gone, though. I think he'd have liked anything but what they had before.

Frank said the little outlets were to "bring the father into the room, since he is an electrician." I mean ... is the father dead, or what? Or did he wisely just not want to be involved in this train wreck waiting to happen?

I watched an older episode of TS tonight with Frank as one of the designers.
    I have to say it struck me how little he really seems to get for his money most of the time.

He goes crazy buying loads of cans of paint, but never seems to be able to find the budget for big ticket items that the homeowners need.
    Admittedly, he did get the dishwasher that one time, but the room itself was even worse than his ususal designs imo as he scrimped to find the budget for the dishwasher.

The room I saw him desing tonight really needed at least one new sofa, but rather than buy one or perhaps have the carpenter construct something he just used a pre made slip cover on the old battered one.
    Last edited by fluff; 09-07-2003 at 02:45 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

ant
    FORT Fan
    the old man has his moments. he seesm very nice.
    matt's website (go and check it out and join the fun/excitement- there's 5 bmb members posting and counting - please click below):
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boy_Meets_Boy/

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Its kind of hard to do much with the $1000 the designers get on trading spaces.....Frank seems to use lots of paint.....But in the end most of his rooms look nice...but the furneture described in the previous reply would put him so over budget....some of the people re-cover pieces of furniture in the rooms....but when they need to buy a piece.. something else suffers....

I saw one of the other desingers, Doug place aluminum flashing on a bar....cheap...but really ugly.......

On the whole Frank is consistant.....and his rooms rare disappoint.....

Frank is all about designing rooms for warmth and comfort. He thinks outside the box. He is one of my favorite designers on TS. The thing I enjoy about watching him do an episode is how he relates to the family he's working with, the carpenter, and Paige. Frank is personality plus! He's got a keen sense of humor that helps the stress tremendously. I hope he stays with the show for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread