+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: While You Were Out

FORT Newbie
    Pink Princess, eldee, and BfloChick48- I have found my people! LOL!! I hated this show when Anna and Teresa hosted. Evan has turned this show around and has taken some of the wind from Trading Spaces' sail. It has gained viewers while TS has had to rely on gimmicks to keep viewers.

Pink Princess- I 100% agree with everything you said! Thank you for putting the words right into my mouth!!! Oh and BTW - I thought your comments on him and Shannon 'B-list' Elizabeth were right on and funny!

Of course, it doesn't hurt that he is so adorable and funny and musically gifted! Not one little bit. I can't wait for his album to come out this summer (hopefully. I'm keeping my fingers crossed)! He makes the show fun and something I can't miss.

I would drop to the ground if Marc Montano came over to my house! He is the cutest thing I have seen in years! I love Marc, John and Chayse (since she mellowed out that is). Any of them would be fine. Heck, even Nadia is turning out to be pretty cool!
    Holding out for Amazing Race 5
    Frodo: He didn't mean for a lot of things to happen, Sam. But they did.

Linda627 I'm glad that I gave this show a chance because I like it a lot better than Trading Spaces!

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the Welcome smiley, eldee!!

Yeah, WYWO is so much better than TS. Hard to believe they are just in their second season. It took TS about 3yrs to get into the groove and have the viewers that WYWO received in just half the time. That being said, Paige did make a huge difference for TS. I was a huge Alex McCloud fan and it took about a full year to warm up to Paige. It just becomes a different show when the host changes. In both cases, the shows are stronger now than before.
    Holding out for Amazing Race 5
    Frodo: He didn't mean for a lot of things to happen, Sam. But they did.

Welcome, Linda.

WYWO is actually in their third season.. not second. It's kind of fun to watch how the show has evolved from even the beginning shows with Anna as the host, through Teresa, to Evan now. Each season had it's own feel as the designers got more comfortable with the process as well as the carpenters.

The only thing that I'm not liking as much this year, after having warmed up to Evan, is that they're trying to have the designers and carpenters act a little goofier a la Ty from TS. It just comes off very phony and contrived. Rather than standing on their own with their own style of show... they're trying to copy another successful show. I think they need to just sit back and be who they are and allow the viewers to come naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda627
    Pink Princess, eldee, and BfloChick48- I have found my people! LOL!! I hated this show when Anna and Teresa hosted. Evan has turned this show around and has taken some of the wind from Trading Spaces' sail. It has gained viewers while TS has had to rely on gimmicks to keep viewers.

Pink Princess- I 100% agree with everything you said! Thank you for putting the words right into my mouth!!! Oh and BTW - I thought your comments on him and Shannon 'B-list' Elizabeth were right on and funny!

Of course, it doesn't hurt that he is so adorable and funny and musically gifted! Not one little bit. I can't wait for his album to come out this summer (hopefully. I'm keeping my fingers crossed)! He makes the show fun and something I can't miss.

I would drop to the ground if Marc Montano came over to my house! He is the cutest thing I have seen in years! I love Marc, John and Chayse (since she mellowed out that is). Any of them would be fine. Heck, even Nadia is turning out to be pretty cool!
    Welcome Linda! Great to see other WYWO fans!! Big Evan fan here also (as you can tell by my avatar! LOL) The chemistry between him and the rest of the cast is amazing, even Chayse who in the past was kinda uptight has really loosened up with Evan around. WYWO would definitley go downhill without Evan around.
    "Someone forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning" from "Psych"

Yes, LaToya was robbed.

WYWO is such a good show. The homeowners are usually very happy with the results. The designers are talented and seem to get along with the other workers and the families of those who were out.

I currently don't believe they have major prima donas on this show they way other shows have.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Nu -uh no frickin AI talk in the decorating forum .

It's a refuge from the loonies.

Back to Evan . Yup he's grown on me too. I can't believe how much stuff he does compared to the other hosts. He could have so easily become a "what ever happened to" kind of guy after 2gether inploded.

Rick the carpenter yummmm even though ADJ is still close to my heart.

Pixelated
    Hi all.....

Hmmm...I really liked Teresa. Remember the episode where the tree guys were giving her piggyback rides and the designer told her to quit flirting (all joking). Anyway, she was always goofing up and that was funny. Evan sort of annoyed me at first but he does grow on you. I just wish he would do something with that nasty hair (sorry... but it just looks unwashed to me). And I hate that Leslie and Andrew aren't around as much. I really liked them and just can't get into the these new guy and girl at all. I mainly watch it when I know either Andrew or Leslie will be on.

Anyway, what did you all think of the female basketball players mom's kitchen? I personally thought it was ugly and I normally really like this designer.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelissa

Anyway, what did you all think of the female basketball players mom's kitchen? I personally thought it was ugly and I normally really like this designer.
    Another messed up Mark design. I like Mark and he means well, but sometimes his ideas are too over the top. His pink/green color scheme in that ep was not my taste, although the homeowner seemed to like the room. The new designer, Nadia has been on twice so far and I haven't really liked either room she's done including the one in Jacksonville's stadium last night.
    "Someone forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning" from "Psych"

FORT Newbie
    I never really watch this show that much anymore (I only started watching it cuz my cousin was on it), but I was surprised when I turned it on one day and Jerry from 2Gether was hosting! Evan's a good host but I kinda liked Teresa better.

+ Reply to Thread