+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: While You Were Out

The episode with the guy in the wheelchair was good. I only caught part of it. I wish them luck with their organization.

John Bruce can come over and decorate my house anyday...
    Personally I find Anna kind of annoying. I think she's very cute though.
    Put another dime in the jukebox, baby!

Has anyone ever tried to make any of the "simplier" items from the show?

regarding Evan...

I really don't care much for Evan, he really thinks he's Gods gift to women. Did you see him on the celebrity show? He was pretty forward with the female celebrity on the show and it was obvious she was not impressed by him...I saw Theresa on the Live on Air with Ryan Seacrest show...I guess she's making her rounds and I do agree she was the best host they had. I love the show and alot of the other decorating shows, I do hope they do another House Rules Show, that one was great to see construction and decorating from bottom to top.

Oddly, Crispy, I feel exactly the opposite. Evan has a great rapport with all of the guests, famous or not and almost always manages to balance out the right amounts of silly with serious. I think he was being goofy and pretending to be starstruck with Shannen Elizabeth and I thought she was just fine with him (and totally NOT fine with the design of the room). Evan's been around celebrities a long time before he ever started on this show and I doubt he'd really get all crazy over a B-lister like Shannen (gorgeous though she is).

Theresa Strasser, I could go years without seeing and be just fine. I never liked her much and really got to the point where I couldn't watch her at all once I started noticing how she'd knock down certain designers in front of the HOs. I thought more than once that she stepped way, way over the line of host and became a problem.

Just goes to show that different people have vastly different ideas about these personalities, I guess. I think with all the new decorating shows, there has got to be at least one for each of us by now, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Has anyone ever tried to make any of the "simplier" items from the show?
    Most of the items that were new to me and are in my skill level were so unattractive that I wouldn't really attempt them. I don't think there really was one thing so far that stuck out that I'd try, although from time to time, I'll pick out one or two design elements or ideas (especially from Chayse's rooms) and work them into my house.

I seem to remember some disco lamps that would be fun to try, but I really don't have a disco room (no, not the ice cube tray lamps, lol - I think these were made out of blue bowls). Oh, and I'm going to take a rope light and do my son's name on his wall, although I was going to do it anyway before I saw the cowgirl ep where Mark did that with some word.

Quote Originally Posted by pink_princess
    .... Evan has a great rapport with all of the guests, famous or not and almost always manages to balance out the right amounts of silly with serious. I think he was being goofy and pretending to be starstruck with Shannen Elizabeth and I thought she was just fine with him .....
    I feel the same way about him. He really grew on me.

Pink Princess, good luck with your designs!

[QUOTE=pink_princess]Oddly, Crispy, I feel exactly the opposite. Evan has a great rapport with all of the guests, famous or not and almost always manages to balance out the right amounts of silly with serious.

Theresa Strasser, I could go years without seeing and be just fine. I never liked her much and really got to the point where I couldn't watch her at all once I started noticing how she'd knock down certain designers in front of the HOs. I thought more than once that she stepped way, way over the line of host and became a problem.

QUOTE]

I agree...the show is much better with Evan. The cast seems to be more loose and gets along better. (Chayse is a perfect example of this) I like the way Evan jumps right into carpentry world and anywhere else where help is needed, Theresa never really seemed to help out that much.

Another part of the show I hated when Theresa was hosting was the fake prizes for wrong quiz answers..that was very cheesy.
    "Someone forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning" from "Psych"

Quote Originally Posted by iloverocknroll
    John Bruce can come over and decorate my house anyday...
    no kinding. i also like his idea's he has

The football player guy was so adorable. He was a lot of fun and he sure was very handsome. It was sweet why he wanted to have his sister's place redone. I wouldn't mind if someone did that for me.

+ Reply to Thread