+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: While You Were Out

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    and Ilikai I agree if you don't want a room changed in your house apply for a guest spot on some other type of show.....less harm would be done if Emril comes to her house for example....
    I agree with this on shows like Trading Spaces, but WYWO is supposed to be about creating a room that the absent party will LIKE, not about showcasing the designers visions. And even on TS, one of the designers (Asian, can't remember his name) totally went against his design instinct and style to create a room he knew was what the homeowner wanted. And he ended up liking it too.

And as far as Mark is concerned, yes he is also a fashion designer and I believe still has a boutique in NY.

I believe the Asian guy with the strong arms is Vern Yip(?).

Mama Harold, I think you are right re: Mark. Mama knows best!

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Mama knows best!
    Would you mind telling my children that????

And thank you for Vern's name. I love him and his designs, but I had a total brain fart as to his name!

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Mama Harold ...I agree that most of the time...the guy or lady who is away is supposed to be the 'absent' client and the designer trys their best to please that person...It does go wrong once in a while...and the rooms are always changed which was what Iliaki mentioned first and I commented further on...the lady in question seemed shocked that the designer and crew were actually going to redecorate...had she seen the show even once...that is clear.....

Philadelphia: Edinburgh Drive

Saw the first show on friday night(Philadelphia: Edinburgh Drive) and the husband is a real ass. I bet he had some feelings to patch with his wife cause she was looking real down listening to him bitch. Found out the show is from season #1. Wonder what that idiot husband thinks of it now or if he just scrapped the whole thing. He didn't even think about his wife's feelings when he went off bitching about the deck. I don't think he cared about her trying to do something for him, just that his precious deck was redesigned and he didn't have any input into it.
    Last edited by Ilikai; 01-24-2004 at 08:35 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Saw the first show on friday night(Philadelphia: Edinburgh Drive) and the husband is a real ass. I bet he had some feelings to patch with his wife cause she was looking real down listening to him bitch. Found out the show is from season #1. Wonder what that idiot husband thinks of it now or if he just scrapped the whole thing. He didn't even think about his wife's feelings when he went off bitching about the deck. I don't think he cared about her trying to do something for him, just that his precious deck was redesigned and he didn't have any input into it.

I kept seeing the commercials for this show. Damn it! Sounds like I missed it somehow. Grrrr! Will it air again? Is there a pic of the patio?

I'm so bummed.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    The new episode with that football player (not good with names) was cool. The Chayse and Evan argument was funny and I was totally confused by that whole pi = whatever X this + this crazy stuff because I'm in grade 7.

The highlight of the episode: (paraphrasing)
    (laughs) You scared me. I thought I was gonna get spiked!!

Or something like that from Leslie when the football guy said he would pick her up.
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Q

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    I FINALLY got to see this episode. It has been talked about so much over at TLC. The guy was kind of an ass about the whole thing. I hate to be judgemental, but If he could act like that on National TV and only find the BBQ the best thing, well he just seems really controlling and EVERYTHING must be approved by him. Apparently the deck had to be redone. The hubby really hated it. The neighbors also hated the intrusion, and Teresa and Peter were "kicked out" of the neighbors house while they waited for the hubby to leave. Personally if I were the designer, I would've ripped it up my self, cuz he was that wiggy about it. But the hubby is happy he got his boring old deck back and is infamous on TLC I guess....
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Oh wow!! I hadn't heard anything about the guy since the show aired. I knew he was ticked then, but I thought maybe it would grow on him once the shock wore off. I will have to agree with you. He does seem a bit controlling. I would have been so embarrased if I acted that way. His wife was trying to do something nice for him. Of course he is excited about his appearance on the show. He gets to get more attention. At least while the show is still airing. A complete and total narcissist. Blah! :phhht

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I saw that show a while ago...and I wondered about the relationship than and now...the lady seemed fearful of what would happen if he wasn't pleased saying things about it...and getting a look when she was obvious thinking about it...I think there may be serious problems in this family and the husband may not have liked it as a control issue....I really hope not...but it wouldn't be the first time such a thing happened in America...

The design was not good...there was a hole in the guy's precious deck...but his reaction suggests years of anger managment thearapy are needed to save that marriage...

+ Reply to Thread