+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina : Sherborne Drive - Doug's room

South Carolina : Sherborne Drive - Doug's room

"That's Numberwang!"

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I liked the purple hues, however, thought it was too dark to do for a small, long room.

marybeth, I totally agree with you. They should have picked a lighter color for that room with dark shades to accent. They just shut down any illusion of space in that room.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I have to say I hate everything about this room, apart from the "woven" half wall.
    Last edited by fluff; 07-03-2003 at 07:49 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I haven't seen the ep yet except the second reveal. It was clear the HO's hated it. I can see why . It reminds me of a badly decorated boat....

Looking forward to seeing the train wreck...

The ceiling looks kind of cool, but as Paige said, it's a huge dust trap.

Doug just seems to have this sneering contempt for the HO's that I have grown very tired of.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Doug just seems to have this sneering contempt for the HO's that I have grown very tired of.
    I totally agree! The HO's specifically said that they didn't want any dark colours or anything modern in their den, and look what Doug did! He did the total opposite!

I think he's just using the homes in Trading Spaces as his personal playground where he can just do whatever her likes. He's really taking advantage of the clause that says that the homeowners have no control over what goes on in their own homes.

Also, Doug should have tried to AT LEAST accessorize the room! It looks so bland!

I agree right back at yah Liat.

He just didn't seem to care as far as this room (and many others of his ) are concerned.

Budget and time constraints are nothing compared to a snotty, picky or concerned homeowner watching and questioning your every move when they're footing the bill.
    He knows that he basically has free reign as long as he makes the budget and finished on time and I agree that he takes advantage of that fact.

If the show bores him, or he thinks he's above it all, he should step aside and let someone else take on his shows.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I did not like this room at all...

This was one of Doug's absolute worsts. I really didn't like anything about it, and I do like his work about half the time at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast