+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster House

Monster House

At the moment (Monday @ 8:15 pm PDT) I am watching "Monster House" (Discovery Channel) for the very first time, and it's hilarious. They're transforming an entire house into a medieval castle. And that's not the funny part -- the big burly guys with the big tools tearing stuff up are a scream.

Gotta get back to the show to see what else happens. I doubt that this show has much design value, but it's funny as hell and well worth the laughs so far.

"There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I've seen previews for this show and it looked like it would be a riot

I don't get the Discovery Channel in Canada though so I'm hoping a Canadian station will pick it up.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I saw this show last night. It was pretty crazy. Did the homeowners WANT their house to look like a midieval castle? The house ended up looking like some sort of theme park. I enjoyed the wacky guy with the crazy hair called "Smilie". What the heck was going on there?
    Who shot who in the what now?

Yeah, apparently they did. From what I gathered, the premise of the home makeover is to do a "theme house" based on the interest, hobby, whatever, of the home owners.

Smilee was a scream. I don't know if he did too many drugs in the past or got hit in the head with too many two-by-fours. Anyway, he got the name "Smilee" because he was doing something with a circular saw (or some sort of tool along those lines), wasn't wearing the necessary protective gear, got whacked in the mouth and lost most of his front teeth.

Ahh, see I think I missed the first part of this show. Now that makes a lot more sense. Still pretty wacky though!
    Who shot who in the what now?

I love this show! The first monster house was for Race car fans, I wasn't really wild about the one with the Tiki God as the fire place. It was way over the top. But I really like the show, I want a monster house!!!

I have not seen this show, but just from the previews I can tell that these houses are better off with Hilde.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

NOTHING is better off with Hilde!

Bee
    I think the show is entertaining. Some of the ideas are good. My husband wants a baseball theme. NO WAY!! Besides, I have a two story twin and all these houses seem to be 1 floor homes. Oh well..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast