+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monster House

Quote Originally Posted by Bee
    I think the show is entertaining. Some of the ideas are good. My husband wants a baseball theme. NO WAY!! Besides, I have a two story twin and all these houses seem to be 1 floor homes. Oh well..
    Didn't they knock out the ceiling to make a balcony out of the second floor for the Wild West house -- or was that just an attic or crawl space?

I'm sure they would *love* to knock out your ceiling and install something like a mezzanine, or luxury sky boxes or whatever. (You might not want to show this post to your husband!)

Oh, and speaking of the Wild West house -- I could *not* believe that so-called electrician! I could have installed that switch faster than he did (my dad's a retired electrician, and I used to help him pull with that sort of thing at home). I mean, does the show not check these guys' resumes or references before hiring them? Or did they hire the idiot for entertainment value?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen
    Didn't they knock out the ceiling to make a balcony out of the second floor for the Wild West house -- or was that just an attic or crawl space?
    They removed the ceiling leading to the attic. I hope they restructured the joists properly. That might work in LA, but with the snowloads we get up north I would not trust it.

movie house

I liked the job they did this week in the movie house. I was suprised that they finished on time with the characters on the show this week. I would like to know how many decorators need to desend on the house in order to decorate it in time for the unveiling.

They should bring back that electrition every week. He puts some of the others to shame.

They need to do a best of show at some point with him, smilie and some of the other best workers

I love this show........I can't believe the aamount of work these guys do in 5 days....did anyone see the movie theatre house?that was really neat...
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Loved the movie theater house (not sure I'd want to live in one, though) -- it was really fun. Actually, it was a good thing for the HOs that they had it done -- by the looks of the existing wiring, it was just a matter of time before they would have been looking at their house burning down. Kudos to the electrician for making it all safe!

Race Car House

The Race Car house is way cool They did an excellant job. A few comments though:

The racing recliner must come with a warning and legal disclaimer about its use.

The Hood table was nice but I wish they had used some sort of winch system that was enclosed in the hinge so that the cable was not in the way of the table being used. That type of design was ok for the medival house since that was how a drawbridge worked.

The Bed is cool but they did not show how the controls worked. I assume it is air powered. It would be cool if the was a vibrate mode.

I really enjoyed the 70's disco house. It was very cool. The lighted disco floor and the round spinning bed were dreamy!

Although I collect movies and probably would have chosen movies as my theme house if I were on the show I really didn't like their design on that one.

Manu has arrived Hawaiian_Rippa's Avatar
    Monster House rules!!! My fave was the racing themed one, man that house was freakin awesome. The Discovery Channel on Monday night's between 6-9pm, has got the 3 best shows on tv (American Chopper, Monster Garage, & Monster House).
    Pi'i Mai Te Naru

Race car house -- I totally dug the kitchen. I want those pull-down power cooking tools in *my* kitchen!

I'm loving Monster House. My TiVo picked it out for me. The first one I saw was the sister-owned Zen House, which was pretty cool, and then I saw this week's, which was the Moroccan make-over with the sister of Helen Hunt from MAY.

You gotta love a guy who, when the owners complain about how you're making over their house, says "did you read your contract? I think I can do anything I want."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12