+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NBC Announces next Summer reality season

NBC Announces next Summer reality season

NBC's 'NEW SUMMER SEASON' CONTINUES WITH THE UNVEILING OF A SECOND ROUND OF SERIES PREMIERES

“For Love or Money 2,” “Who Wants to Marry My Dad?” and “The Restaurant” Set to Debut the Week of July 14

BURBANK, Calif. -- June 25, 2003 -- NBC announced today that it will debut three new unscripted drama series in its primetime lineup during the week of July 14. “For Love or Money 2,” “Who Wants to Marry My Dad,” and “The Restaurant” will join continuing summer series “Dog Eat Dog,” “Fame,” and “Last Comic Standing” as NBC continues to bolster summer ratings with its collection of unique and exciting alternative series that have brought the network just that much closer to its goal of year-round original programming. Due to the success of its first-run summer series, NBC is this summer’s fastest-growing network over year-ago results with regular programs, up by 14 percent in adult 18-49 averages since the close of the traditional season May 21.

“We have had great success thus far with our strategy of using entertaining, engaging shows to keep the lights on during the summer,” said NBC Entertainment President, Jeff Zucker. “We plan to continue that with a second phase of programs that are just as much fun.”

In the wake of the ratings success of the summer series “For Love or Money,” NBC will debut “For Love or Money 2,” a sequel to summer’s hottest reality series on Monday, July 14 (9:00-10 p.m.) - only this time, the tables are turned as 15 handsome men compete for the attention of one lucky woman. As in the first installment of the series, the men come hoping to find love but are surprised to learn in the first episode that there is also a million dollar prize at stake. But, in yet another twist, the lovely lady that they are all vying for now has her own motivation to earn the gentleman’s admiration -- prompting viewers to question the intentions of everyone involved. “For Love or Money 2” is a production of Nash Entertainment & 3 Ball Productions. Bruce Nash (NBC’s “Meet My Folks,” “Mr. Personality”) is the executive producer, along with J.D. Roth (“Endurance,” “Moolah Beach”), Todd Nelson (“Endurance,” “Moolah Beach”) and John Foy (“The Martin Short Show”)

Following the debut of “For Love or Money 2” comes the premiere of “Who Wants to Marry My Dad?” (Monday July 14, 10:00 -11 p.m.). This spin off of “Meet My Folks” follows adult children of a single father choose among several suitors to decide which woman will marry their dad. Though “Dad” will feature the outrageous “secret tasks,” surprising revelations about each player’s past and “lie-detector” tests that have helped make “Meet My Folks” such a hit with viewers, the stakes in this show will be much higher as the kids choose the woman who will become their new stepmom. With an emphasis on romance, the series will follow the courtship of “Dad” and the contestants over five episodes, with the kids eliminating women each week until only two women remain in the final episode. Unexpected guests and a surprise segment featuring a legion of lie detectors add to the fun before the kids decide in the finale which woman “Dad” will marry - and take on a fantasy honeymoon trip. Then their father will propose to the winner. “Dad” is produced by NBC Studios and Nash Entertainment. Bruce Nash (“For Love or Money,” “Mr. Personality”) - who created both “Meet My Folks” and “Who Wants to Marry My Dad?” - will serve as executive producer of the new series along with Scott Satin ("The Most Outrageous Game Show Moments," "Extreme Gong Show").

Rounding out the week, NBC will spice up Sunday nights with the debut of “The Restaurant,” July 20 at 10:00 p.m. This one-hour unscripted drama offers a behind-the-scenes look at rising New York star Rocco DiSpirito, a first-generation Italian-American chef and one of People's "Sexiest Men Alive." He puts his reputation on the line and risks losing everything to fulfill his lifelong dream to create, launch and operate his own ultra-chic Manhattan eatery. The workplace drama will also follow the foibles and flirtations of his waiters, waitresses, bartenders and sous chefs as they mix it up with the steady flow of Manhattan's social scene. And, in a unique twist, "The Restaurant" will be the first dramatic series that literally caters to the viewing public. The series is executive produced by Mark Burnett of Mark Burnett Productions, Reveille’s Ben Silverman and Magna Global Entertainment’s Robert Riesenberg.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    How on earth are they going to pull off a FLOM2?

The title makes me think they are talking about next summer (2004), but this is all happening next month, right?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread